Pfizer Manufacturing Technician I in Albany, Georgia
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
A Technician I is accountable for executing operating steps on batches of products utilizing the proper equipment and following instructions defined in applicable safety policies, procedures and Batch Production Records in either electronic or paper format and follows the instruction of the supervisor and/or Team Leader The operating steps include; cleaning, set-up as well as the operation of multiple pieces of equipment located within a designated work center.
Technician I position is a beginning level position for someone who is gaining knowledge and experience with multiple pieces of equipment. This position is expected to perform multiple (some non-routine) tasks.
• Applies safety policies and GMP knowledge in daily operations involving self and other team members (i.e. PPE utilization, housekeeping, good documentation practices, cross batch prevention, etc.)
• Expected to have general knowledge of basic function of operating the equipment.
• Perform setup of selected equipment.
• Performs all necessary entries for consumption of raw materials.
• Perform necessary process checks and enter it into a validated system.
• Perform cleaning of equipment and general area as per respective SOP(s).
• Performs Operator Care functions
• Perform the Shiftly Critical Cleaning and Lube standards to the equipment and enter the shiftily centerlines that are required for the area.
• Basic troubleshooting on manufacturing equipment and instruments.
• Participates actively in process improvements projects.
• Exhibits Pfizer's values and works in a team environment to accomplish individual / team goals in the manufacture of products.
• Exercises judgment to complete assigned tasks, follows instructions of the Team Leader, and operates under the direction of the Supervisor.
• Perform the monthly CIL/PMs on time and close the PMs in EAMS.
Education: High school diploma
Experience: 0-1 year experience required
• Working knowledge of GMP's and SOP's
• Basic Math skills
• Mechanical Knowledge
• Computer skills
• Problem solving skills (problem identification, analysis, creativity, application of corrective action)
• Interpersonal skills that are compatible in an environment of teamwork
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Some heavy lifting may be required periodically
• Physical Skills: Operating facility is composed multiple levels and confined spaces
• Able to follow instructions without strict supervision
• Detailed training in SOP's, Safety Standards, Manufacturing Processes and GMP's
• Line changeovers
• Physical Demands: Considerable standing, walking, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and light to medium lifting.
• Wearing safety equipment.
• Work Environment: Must work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Support 2 on/2 off/3 on/2 off/2 on/3off (2 week rotation days then rotate to nights for 2 weeks)----shifts are 12 hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: July 21, 2017
Additional Location Information: Albany, GA
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.