Pfizer Immunogenicity Senior Principal Scientist in Andover, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Immunogenicity Sciences Group within the BioMedicine Design (BMD) department is seeking an experienced immunogenicity scientist to work within our team and lead immunogenicity risk assessment and mitigation activities for a range of biologics projects across a diverse array of therapeutic protein modalities. The position will influence and advance our immunogenicity risk mitigation strategy through scientific leadership, internal and external collaborations, and application of scientific data to inform risk and mitigation approaches. The successful candidate will further strengthen Pfizer's immunogenicity risk assessment and mitigation capabilities to enable application of current and future scientific advances to improve the efficacy and safety of our therapeutic proteins.
Responsibilities for this role will include collaboration with Research Units, Clinical teams, Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Pharmaceutical Sciences to deliver immunogenicity risk assessment and mitigation strategies for large molecule projects from idea to proof of concept. Risk assessments will include incorporation of data generated in house and at contract research organizations (CROs) to enable project milestone delivery and advancement of key platform technologies across multiple projects.
The role has accountability for establishing methodologies for predictive immunogenicity &; evaluation of immunogenicity reduction technologies, in collaboration with BMD immunogenicity scientists, protein engineers and project team representatives. This includes pursuing strategic alliance &; external collaborations to access novel technologies for risk assessment, mitigation and/or reduction.
• Generation and interpretation of immunogenicity data to inform immunogenicity risk and mitigation plans in support of Pfizer biologics portfolio projects from idea to proof of concept.
• Investigates novel techniques or technologies to advance, improve or optimize scientific practices and procedures; Actively pursues innovation to improve assay quality, efficiency, cost effectiveness and appropriateness of assay
• Responsible for communicating advances in the discipline to key stakeholders within BMD, Worldwide Research and Development and in the external environment, including influence of and alignment with regulatory guidances
• Set example and serve as a mentor for Scientists of all levels and diverse disciplines within a matrix organization; contribute to a change-agile, high performing culture of innovation, impact, trust, accountability, and mutual respect
• Represents the Immunogenicity Sciences group at various projects teams during non-clinical and clinical development phase
• Plays critical role representing Immunogenicity Sciences to provide responses to regulatory requests and inquiries
• Leadership in design and implementation of Immunogenicity strategy for Pfizer portfolio of Biotherapeutic modalities
• Achievements exemplified through publications, posters and / or invited presentations at scientific meetings.
• PhD level education with 10+ years of post-doctoral or industry experience in relevant field
• Experience in Biopharmaceutical field preferred
• Proven track record of scientific achievement; excellent interpersonal and oral / written communication skills
• Ability to develop and translate strategy and goals into tangible results
• Experience integrating immunogenicity discipline knowledge into broader project team
• Extensive practical experience of project liaison and achieving results in a complex matrix environment
• Experience in drug discovery / development
• Experienced in management of complex scientific activities aligned with broader strategic goals related to immunogenicity of biotherapeutics
• Understanding of perturbations of the immune system in diseases as diverse as cancer and auto-immunity
• Track record in publishing own work and through collaborations
• Proven presentation skills, demonstrated through internal and external presentations on own work at conferences.
• Proven track record in the area of mentoring and coaching
• Proven ability to lead and manage change
Technical Skill Requirements
• Core discipline expertise &; formal education in Immunology
• Broad understand of clinical implications associated with immunogenicity response
• Understand and have broad experience with state of the art immunogenicity tools, analytical platforms, and predictions, with direct experience in assay design and study support
• Collaborative skills and effective influencing/partnering skills in a complex, multi-discipline organization
• Understanding of translational opportunities and issues for immunogenicity in preclinical models
• Proven track record in project management
• Demonstrated experience in mentorship/supervision of scientists
• Lead author or a co-author on internal/external publications and posters
• Displays significant knowledge of Immunology associated with relevant diseases such as autoimmunity and oncology
• Direct experience in participating in strategic scientific consultation within projects, and across function and portfolio
• Direct experience in interacting with external organizations, including academics and CROs
• Solid familiarity with biotherapeutic structure, pharmacology, disposition and immunogenicity
• Strong adaptability to changing work assignments and priorities
• Strong leadership in building and maintaining networks characterized by a high performing culture of innovation, impact, trust, change agility, accountability, and mutual respect
• Seizes accountability, acts decisively, and holds people accountable
• High degree of self-awareness; uses business acumen to get things done
• Grows others; acknowledges contributions across the team
• Effective collaboration and partnering skills in a highly matrixed, multi-discipline organizational environment
• Able to identify opportunities for continuous improvements and lead implementation
The position requires complex data integration and analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
The position will benefit from face to face interactions with scientists at our Cambridge, Mass., and Groton, CT. sites.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.