Pfizer Pharmaceutical Science Team Leader, BTx Pharm Sci in Andover, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
A Biotherapeutics Pharm Sci Team Leader (PSTL) leads multiple interdisciplinary Pharmaceutical Sciences Project Teams (PSPTs). The PSTL also acts as the single point of accountability for Biotherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences (BTx PS) on the Asset or Program teams for the assigned projects. The Biotherapeutics PSTL may be assigned to lead projects at any development stage from discovery stage to Proof of Concept (PoC), depending on the needs of the portfolio.
In addition, the candidate will interface with some Research Units (RU) and Global Biotherapeutic Technologies (GBT) either as an extended leadership member or as a point of contact to provide input on strategies, new technologies and projects. This will require on-site presence at RU/GBT for active listening and discussion and openness to new way of thinking/execution.
The individual will be responsible to engage other subject matter experts as needed.
1) Leading BTx PS Project Teams, which are comprised of scientists from the key disciplines in BTx PS and are responsible for Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) strategy development and plan execution for the assigned projects
2) Represents BTx PS as a member of the Asset/Project Team; responsible to drive overall strategy for the projects, which include both internal and in-licensed projects
3) Working with key stakeholders across commercial, clinical and Pfizer Global Supplies (PGS) to define the product concept and lead the operational planning for assigned projects
4) Interfacing with Drug Safety, Dev Ops, Global Supply Chain, and Clinical to develop a clinical supply and administration strategy.
5) Acting as an ambassador for BTx PS to project team leaders, governance bodies and other key stakeholders; representing the BTx PS viewpoint to greater Pfizer and educating stakeholders on BTx PS opportunities, risks, and work processes
6) Contributing effectively to the BTx Project Team, ensuring productive two-way communication and alignment of plans between PharmSci and other Lines or Therapeutic Area Strategies
7) Ensuring effective leadership of BTx projects through appropriate governance structures, as well as managing interactions between PSPT and Co-Development teams to plan and execute the transition of assigned projects to full-scale commercial manufacture and launch
8) Working with Procurement and BTx PS Outsourcing Specialists to manage interactions with third party manufacturers and other vendors necessary for the projects
9) Ensuring that the PSPT maintains accurate and timely PS project plans, resource forecasts, annual budgets, and related deliverables for the assigned projects
10) Contributing to continuous improvement efforts within BTx PS and across greater Pfizer through such activities as Limited Duration Teams, "Lessons Learned" exercises, and mentoring other PSTLs and team members
11) Lead out-licensing of projects or working with an external partner for in-licensing a candidate. This will require close interaction with business development, licensing management team and other functions.
Interface role with RU and/or GBT
12) Acting as Point of contact for RU or GBT
13) Understanding early portfolio and technologies being developed to design and evaluate current and novel molecular construct and bring in BTx PS expertise and viewpoint
14) Participating in strategic leadership and portfolio meetings as BTxPS rep.
15) Leading Project Initiation and Capacity Meeting across the early portfolio
Minimum: Master's level education in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering or an analytical chemistry-based discipline plus 10 years of experience in drug development; demonstrated success in leading scientific teams; excellent oral and written communication skills.
Desirable: Doctorate level education plus 7 or more years in drug development.
Working experience in pharmaceutical sciences and process development is desirable. Specific experience in developing manufacturing/analytical/pharmaceutical processes to support clinical trials and commercial scale-up of biotherapeutics (e.g., vaccine antigens, monoclonal antibodies, Fc fusion proteins, etc.) is also desirable. Strong record applying innovative and complex pharmaceutical sciences approaches to drug development in a project team environment; understanding of requirements for commercialization.
The successful candidate will be capable of independent problem solving and working with minimal direction under most circumstances. Applicants should demonstrate strongly collaborative behaviors and teamwork and demonstrate expertise in most or all of the following: team dynamics, coaching, negotiation, motivating and other soft skills necessary to foster team effectiveness in a matrixed environment. The successful candidate will also possess strong oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical and computer skills are required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Requires 4-8 trips per year (mostly domestic) to attend meetings.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Additional Location Information : Andover, MA
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.