Pfizer Senior Scientist Molecular Biology in Andover, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Bioprocess R&;D department in Pfizer's BioTherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences organization is seeking a highly motivated and experienced senior scientist to join the Cell Line Development group located in Andover MA. The position will advance Pfizer's Biotherapeutics portfolio through the development and characterization of cell lines expressing therapeutic targets. The selected candidate will also play an important role in championing innovative mammalian expression technologies and bioprocess, employing omic- knowledge to develop innovative cell line/process engineering solutions to support Pfizer fast-growing bioTherapeutics pipeline. Qualified candidates will possess a Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, with a strong evidence of computational experience. Hands-on experience with analysis of next-gen sequencing data and experience in statistical approaches in analyzing and modelling biological processes will be a strong plus.
• Develop and characterize recombinant cell lines suitable for cGMP manufacturing.
• Develop and improve expression platform systems with innovative technologies, build technical expertise and intellectual property.
• Critically evaluate and integrate relevant scientific, regulatory and business advances into work processes
• Effectively document all lab activities in notebooks/elsewhere as required and appropriate, in a timely fashion. Author and review technical reports, protocols and other key documents.
• Work collaboratively and cross-functionally on multiple projects with colleagues in BioTherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manufacturing, and Discovery organizations to meet team and company goals.
• Participates in publication of research, attendance/participation in professional conferences
• Ph.D. in biological sciences or related discipline with 0-3 years of post-graduate experience in the area of molecular biology and systems biology.
• Strong knowledge of genome-editing tools, genetic construct design using cutting-edge synthetic biology tools, and expression strategies for broad classes of proteins.
• Proven experience with data mining from complex data sets of biological readouts (eg. Genome -scale data generated using next-gen sequencing technology) to gain new insights and develop tangible cell line/process engineering solutions.
• A strong track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by publications in highly regarded journals, conference presentations or generation of intellectual property
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong scientific curiosity with a passion for problem-solving and optimization. Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.