Pfizer Sr. Scientist, Analytical Research and Development in Andover, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The qualified candidate will join the Analytical Research and Development (R&;D) organization in Andover, MA to enable development of biological therapeutics. Within Analytical R&;D the candidate will join the Project Progression &; Biochemistry Group focused on monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, and other biological modalities. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining proficiency in a breadth of analytical methodologies including HPLC/UPLC, SDS-PAGE, iCE, and CE and applying these methods to a broad range of biotherapeutics for early and late stage products. The candidate must be able to interact effectively with highly interdisciplinary teams, in a cross functional environment. Candidates with a consistent record of scientific achievement and a passion for innovation are encouraged to apply.
Research and Development Senior Scientist Role:
• Develop analytical methodologies and strategies needed to progress biotherapeutic products in the pipeline; this includes method development, process support, formulation and stability support, product characterization and method qualifications.
• The candidate will be responsible for becoming proficient in a breadth of analytical methodologies including HPLC/UPLC, SDS-PAGE, iCE, and CE and applying these methods to a broad range of biotherapeutics for early and late stage products. He or she will also be able to provide technical expertise to junior level colleagues.
• The desired candidate will be need to provide data interpretation to their teams and to their customers, and he or she will revise, review, and author test methods.
• The candidate should be able to develop and deliver scientific presentations, and he or she should also be able to prepare clear and concise technical reports and contribute to regulatory filings.
• It is desirable for the candidate to have experience with state-of-the-art protein characterization and analysis techniques, including mass spectrometry or biophysical characterization techniques.
• Candidate should be self-motivated, goal driven, and should be able to work effectively on teams to progress projects. The candidate's ability to take initiative and manage projects is highly desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for this position.
• A candidate with strong organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills is required.
• The candidate must be committed to high quality work, attention to detail.
• The candidate must have a team player mentality and be able to work in a highly flexible, matrixed environment.
Characterization of biotherapeutic molecules
Method qualification and transfer
Communication (verbal and written) of results
Regulatory filing, test method and development report authoring
Education: Minimally, a Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, biotech, biochemistry, or related discipline; or Masters degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related discipline and at least 3 years' experience in an analytical laboratory focused on analysis and/or characterization of biopharmaceutical products
Work Experience/Skills: Minimally, the candidate should have 1-3 years (Ph.D.) of post-doctoral or industrial experience working with biological molecules using an array of analytical methodologies (3-5 years for MS). Candidate must have good interpersonal and collaborative skills, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and be highly motivated with the desire to continuously learn and develop
The ideal candidate will have experience using the following techniques: all modes of HPLC, SDS-PAGE, iCE and/or CE for analysis and/or characterization of biologicals including; proteins, antibodies, peptides, and conjugates. Industrial experience and an understanding of the drug development process are desired. Other desired attributes are:
• Experience with state-of-the-art protein characterization and analysis techniques, including mass spectrometry
• Experience with method development and qualification
• Authoring CMC sections of regulatory documents
Position requires occasional light lifting and periods of standing, sitting or walking, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional work-related travel may be needed.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Additional Location Information : Andover, MA
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.