Pfizer Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer, Military in Brentwood, Missouri
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer is a key technical role responsible for ensuring consistently high performance of manufacturing equipment and processes. The role requires strong focus on driving quality into production processes, implementation of best practices, and continuous improvement. The incumbent will provide focused process ownership and the technical expertise to ensure high quality and efficient sterile injectable products. As technical lead, the Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer partners with supervision and production colleagues to identify and implement innovative solutions. Additional duties including project management, six sigma methods, and training coordination.
Assigned technical lead and owner of SPM manufacturing equipment and process systems.
• Investigate process deviations that occur on manufacturing floor using structured Six Sigma- based methods.
• Develop and implement, and permanently resolve problems through root cause analysis.
• Partner with SPM principals, Quality, OpEx, and other internal experts to develop quality investigations, assign root cause, and identify/implement CAPA solutions.
• As an individual contributor, represent manufacturing on assigned to project teams to ensure completion of key projects initiatives.
• Act as internal process training resource for both Management and SPM shop floor team.
• Identify and implement cost savings initiatives, specifically quality and efficiency improvements.
• Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations; and champions manufacturing safety initiatives.
• Lead technical improvement projects aimed at "zero defects", equipment reliability, and maximized utilization.
• Anticipate potential process-related problems, risks, and technical conflicts and develop necessary contingency plans that optimize business continuity.
• Ensure work activities are conducted in strict accordance with safety guidelines and processing standards, such as FDA's current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and SOPs.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or a Science-related field.
• A knowledge of electro-mechanical principles and automated machine process control
• Ability to clearly present technical information and effectively communicate within all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to contribute to and lead project teams
• Clear thinker: simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information and communicating priorities clearly and concisely.
• 5-10 years' experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing and background in manufacturing or
• Previous aseptic manufacturing experience preferred
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Must be able to apply solid reasoning skills to an investigation and to project planning.
• Must be self-motivated and flexible to learn and respond to changing responsibilities and priorities.
• Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is consistent with Pfizer Leader Behaviors.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Possess flexibility to respond to constantly changing conditions and priorities.
• Six-Sigma training and project management experience is preferred.
This position routinely requires sitting, standing, and walking throughout the SPM area. Accessing workplaces by climbing stairs is required. In addition, occasional weekend and overtime hours are necessary.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position requires regular onsite attendance - this position cannot be performed on a remote or telecommute basis on a temporary, short or long term basis.
Must have the ability to simultaneously multi-task across multiple capabilities and functions and handle multiple competing priorities and requirements, including performing site and functional responsibilities, responding to frequent e-mail and phone communications and attending multiple meetings and conference calls. Note that these activities may not be time bound to core hours or presence at the site.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
This job is open only to Lawful Permanent Residents (as defined by 8 U.S.C. §1101(a)(20)), or Protected Individuals (as defined by 8 U.S.C. §1324b(a)(3), namely, U.S. Citizens, Refugees, and Asylees.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.