Pfizer Administrative Lead, Internal Medicine in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The candidate will be responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day activities for three senior level members within the Internal Medicine Research Unit (Neurodegeneration 1, Neurodegeneration 2 and IMRU Clinical Vice Presidents). The candidate will be responsible for calendar management, meeting coordination, meeting preparation (including assembly of agendas and PowerPoint presentations) and ensure appropriate distribution of meeting materials. The candidate will be expected to partner with members of the office of the CSO in a professional and team oriented approach.
The candidate will interface regularly with department members as well as colleagues from related functions and will be expected to interact appropriately with scientists, academic collaborators, vendors and all visitors. The role will require the candidate to learn and execute internal procedures of Pfizer, ensuring 100% adherence to compliance regulations. Exemplary organizational skills, strong computer and internet skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff are critical for success in this role.
• Provide daily contact with the Vice President of the Neurodegeneration 1, Neurodegeneration 2 and IMRU Clinical groups (to review schedule, events and related travel).
• Copy/format/distribute materials in a timely manner (electronic or hard copy).
• Make travel arrangements, provide detailed itineraries, prepare and submit expense reports and perform Amex reconciliations.
• Set up teleconferences and in-person meetings for all principals and ensure all materials and technology needs are available and operational.
• Maintain calendars, anticipate conflicts and use diplomacy to resolve problems in advance.
• Maintain and/or access departmental or company document/knowledge repositories, websites, and business systems (e.g. SharePoint, others), as needed. Expedite flow of work items and initiate follow-up when necessary.
• Gain a thorough understanding of all corporate goals, policies, personnel, processes and procedures and incorporate in RU business and administrative processes.
• Proactively identify or anticipate issues and use judgment to expeditiously resolve all issues including the most urgent • Support other administrative or contracted staff in the fulfillment of their job duties.
• Maintain professional knowledge base and seek opportunities to enhance skills and abilities; seek new areas of responsibility and perform new tasks; recommend process improvements.
• Handle all duties with a high degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
• Demonstrate commitment to providing customer-focused quality service.
• Contribute to positive group dynamics and public relations by developing professional
relationships with internal stakeholders and external visitors.
• Assist and perform ad hoc duties for members of the executive team, as necessary.
• Able to work flexible hours and to be accessible after hours as needed.
Training &; Education Preferred:
• Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and 7-10 years administrative experience that demonstrates ability to carry out tasks proficiently and to complete quality work on a timely basis; excellent attention to detail.
• College degree strongly preferred.
• Experience as an administrative assistant or project manager required.
• Preferred C-level executive support experience.
• A healthcare background is beneficial.
• Demonstrated proficiency in assigned technologies.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills at a global, cross-line level.
• A strong sense of personal integrity; able to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information; demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated success supporting large and complex projects
Demonstrated ability to transform collections of ideas into finished products and to manage a wide variety of activities while accounting for changing priorities.
• Experience within the pharmaceutical research and development industry preferred, along with understanding of the drug discovery environment, scientific disciplines and how they fit into Internal Medicine Research Unit strategy.
Technical Skills Requirements
• Superior attention to detail and able to multi-task and change priorities quickly
• Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work
• Exemplary time management and prioritization skills
• Must be able to maintain composure under pressure and manage unforeseen
• Excellent judgment, problem resolution and decision-making skill
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to identify, propose and develop new solutions to further the effectiveness of the Internal Medicine RU
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and execute projects
• Work autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Evidence of desire for excellence and striving for constant improvement
• Displays personal leadership to ensure success
• Proactively identifies opportunities for development of self
• Knowledge of the tools and processes used to develop the appropriate resources to support exploratory research
• Proven track record of leading and delivering on multiple projects in parallel
• SharePoint; Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
- Ability to work on a computer and to conduct phone conversation
Position is non-exempt and is overtime eligible.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: August 28, 2017
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: yes
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.