Pfizer Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Our Clinical Pharmacology Leads have key roles to play in influencing the discovery and
development of drugs. It is exciting, critical work and you could be part of it. Pfizer is a leader
in model-based drug development, and we are expanding its influence in target validation and
selection. We have an open position as Clinical Pharmacology Lead supporting our Research Unit in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate embraces model-based drug
development - constructs, validates, and utilizes disease, placebo, exposure-response, and
mechanistic PKPD models to evaluate risk/benefit and facilitate drug development decisions, in
close collaboration with other R&;D partners. Clinical Pharmacology Leads are also responsible
for planning and direction of clinical pharmacology components of clinical programs (including
clinical development plan/life cycle plan) and studies (including protocol preparation; clinical
phase oversight, and reporting).
Act as Clinical Pharmacology representative on Clinical Sub Team and Development Team as
• Participate in implementing model based drug development using quantitative approaches to
address complex questions arising during drug development spanning from target validation to
analysis and interpretation of Phase II results.
• Responsible for providing the clinical pharmacology components of Clinical Plans and
provides clinical pharmacology expertise to the project team including plan, design and oversee
clinical pharmacology studies with operational assistance from operations colleagues
• Fully knowledgeable about the clinical pharmacology profile of allocated drugs on which studies are being conducted or which are called for in the protocol.
• Coordinates with medical writers (and other team members) in the data review, analysis and
reporting of the CP study. Responsible, in conjunction with medical writer, for overall content
and accuracy of study report before forwarding for final sign-off.
• Accountable and responsible for non-compartmental analysis of PK data and accountable for
ensuring appropriate PK-PD analysis including population PK, PK-PD modeling and simulation,
• Directs the planning of all relevant PK-PD analyses. Responsible for use of innovative
analytical methods to integrate knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, patient
characteristics and disease states to optimize doses, dosage regimens and study designs
throughout clinical drug development in collaboration with pharmacometrics and statistics (as
• Provides recommendations for clinical doses and dosing algorithms (including drug interaction
advice, food effects, special group dosing etc) to the clinical and Development teams and in
• Leads clinical pharmacology contributions to all regulatory documents including Investigator
Brochures, EOP2 meetings. Leads the resolution of clinical pharmacology queries from drug
regulatory agencies, takes a lead role in writing and reviewing responses to regulatory queries.
• Provides Clinical Pharmacology expertise to Discovery. During the pre-clinical stages of drug
development works with Research to ensure quantitative mechanistic understanding and
preclinical PK-PD knowledge exist to underwrite human administration.
• Accountable for ensuring that there are valid methods for measuring drug concentration (and
any biochemical biomarkers) in the clinic.
• May participate in multidisciplinary teams in assessing potential in-licensing opportunities, as
requested by line management.
• May act as clinician for phase I studies or clinical lead / research project lead for specific drug
Strong quantitative skills and expertise (e.g. experience in mechanistic PKPD modeling/systems
pharmacology, literature meta-analyses, population modeling, and clinical trial simulations)
• PhD in Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacometrics, Engineering or other
suitable post-graduate qualification
• 3-5 years of industry experience in clinical pharmacology and/or clinical PK/PD and/or
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated presentation skills
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.