Pfizer GMAP Project Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position is a global role within the Comparative Medicine Business Resources group. This individual plays a key role in advancing the Worldwide Research and Development portfolio through managing all aspects of genetically modified animal model development, creation, production and use. This individual will understand and interpret the requirements of Pfizer's Research Units and identify the most appropriate Contract Research Organizations to provide optimal model creation, acquisition and/or breeding solution. This individual will travel between research locations as business demands.
• Coordinate and manage all Pfizer genetically modified animal work (creation or acquisition, production, quality control, and delivery) within the framework of flawless animal care and welfare and incorporate these principles while interacting with all involved parties, with an emphasis on the 3Rs (replacement, reduction, and refinement).
• Single point of contact for Pfizer researchers for all genetically modified animal models and projects; responsible for defining clear project objectives and production goals in partnership with investigative partners and Contract Research Organizations.
• Independently direct efficient genetically modified animal production breeding at Contract Research Organizations.
• Independently manage all genetically modified animal project communications, documentation/records, and financial accounting and forecasting.
• Partners with Pfizer investigators and Pfizer Business Development in the acquisition of new models from collaborative sources.
• Place all genetically modified animal orders for Pfizer delivery.
• Liaise with Contract Research Organizations to resolve issues, to improve their process and communications, and work to improve Pfizer's genetically modified animal process.
• Participate in Comparative Medicine departmental and Global Business Resources group meetings, teams and initiatives.
Educational Background: BS/BA in related field required, MS/MA in related scientific field preferred.
Project Management Institute PMP certification is required within one year of assuming position.
• 3-5 years' experience in pharmaceutical or academic research in one or more of the following areas project management, molecular sciences, rodent genetics and breeding.
• Demonstrated experience in or exposure to CRISPR/Cas9 and embryonic stem cell technologies and advanced breeding and production protocols.
• Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills and a cooperative and communicative nature.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and the capacity to expand areas of expertise and learn new skills to meet the changing business needs.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
May be required to work under one or more of the following: the United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health Service Policy and/or AAALAC accreditation standards.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.