Pfizer Project Leader Pfizer Innovation Research Lab in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Working with the Head of Digitial Innovation Projects and thePfizer Innovation Research Lab (PfIRe Lab) leadership team, the project leader will be responsible for building and executing innovative project strategies, for 1 or more projects, focusing on identifying and developing advanced science and technology and delivering industrialized solutions in Digital Precision Medicine and therapeutics across the enterprise in a timely and value-adding process.
The PfIRe Lab utilizes a structured approach, delivering innovative solutions to solve key business problems using the focus of dynamical measurements of clinical, human factors and knowledge process providing solutions across the Pfizer therapeutic pipeline. The Lab focuses on delivering digital measures and therapeutics, identifying and developing advanced-STEM platforms and integrating external collaborators, regulators and internal enterprise-wide colleagues to support the digital therapeutic pipeline.
• The project leader will exhibit substantial scientific and operational bandwidth simultaneously leading up to 2 projects ranging across different therapeutic areas and stages of development from Phase 1 through commercialization.
• While a project leader may be selected from diverse scientific or technical background, he or she must exhibit significant learning agility and build deep knowledge around disease biology, biomedical engineering or data analytics for the programs they lead. The project leader is responsible for championing innovative scientific and technical strategies to deliver differentiated solutions for client teams.
• Project leaders will be responsible for determining the most effective technical solution for a given project considering cost, technical and operational feasibility and time to delivery.
• Project leaders will leverage their experience to not only lead the project internally, but also collaborate with partners in other units within Pfizer or in the external academic, medical and technology community to identify and advance their project(s)
• Project leaders will be responsible for managing investment risk in individual projects through early identification of key questions, the development of a clear technical, clinical and experimental plan to build confidence in the approach and ability to ultimately deliver the required solution.
• Project leaders will also identify major operational and logistical risks and develop effective mitigation options.
• Project leaders will inspire strategic and operational excellence from team members in a matrixed organization.
• The project leader will coordinate with client research or development teams to ensure alignment on the project objectives and deliverables.
• Project leaders will build and inspire high performing teams that foster innovation and professional development of others.
• Project leaders will be very effective communicators. They will keep leadership, partners and team members well informed of strategy and progress. Project leaders will also be able to effectively represent projects to governance organizations, external advisors and potential partners.
• Project leaders will contribute to the broader Project Leader community through sharing best-practice and may mentor and coach other project leaders as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• PhD, in a relevant biomedical or scientific discipline, preferred
• 10 or more years of experience in drug or medical device development in roles of increasing leadership responsibility
• Demonstrated experience in developing and/or assessing clinical measurements or tools for use in clinical trials.
• Proven track record in scientific and engineering discovery (patents, publication and/or entrepreneurial innovation and success in software or device development).
• Experienced at directing a successful and productive research team including scientists, engineers, physicians, or computer scientists at varying levels of training and experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Quantitative skills and training in pharmacology, physical chemistry, physics, or engineering.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, strategic, interpersonal, written and oral skills.
• Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, problem-solving environment
• Demonstrated strength in influencing and negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups with different expertise and areas of focus.
• Ability to lead and deliver high performance in a fluid interdisciplinary team and matrixed organization, as well as adapt to a dynamic environment.
• Outstanding leadership and communication skills; ability to build and lead high-performing team.
• A strong working knowledge of the pharmaceutical development and commercial environment and application of this knowledge to enable portfolio delivery.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: July 21, 2017
Additional Location Information : Cambridge, MA
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.