Pfizer Scientist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
Department Marketing Statement
The Pfizer Inflammation &; Immunology (I&;I) research unit aims to develop novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The successful candidate for this position will conduct pharmacology studies using in vivo animal model studies, ex vivo sample analysis and in vitro assays. The position is based in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA but may require supporting studies at other Pfizer's sites as necessary.
Highly motivated individual to work in a challenging environment within the preclinical pharmacology group. As part of this team, this person will be supporting in vivo studies and analyzing samples obtained from these studies. Responsible for conducting and managing in vivo studies to determine the efficacy of both small molecule and biotherapeutic approaches. The evaluation and development of new technologies, biomarkers and in vivo models are key components of this position. Any background and knowledge in immunology is a plus for this position.
• Plan and conduct of experiments in vivo studies in support of Inflammation &; Immunology therapeutic portfolio
• Formulation of compounds and administration of drugs and experimental compounds by various routes
• Collection of blood and various tissues
• Abiliy to learn and conduct other animal-related techniques
• Ex vivo analysis of animal samples
• Maintaing well-organized records and documentation
Data entry and analysis
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in biology, pharmacology, Immunology or related biological science
• B.Sc. degree with 6+ years or M.Sc. degree with 5+ years' experience
• Experience working with small laboratory animals, preferably in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment
• Well established hands-on experience with rodent in vivo dosing and handling techniques
• Understanding of immunology, cell biology or fibrosis
• Experience with animal models of inflammation is desirable
• Good organizational and communication skills, ability to focus attention to details
• A high degree of flexibility, and a willingness and ability to work as a team member
• Weekend or after hours work may be required
• Technical expectations
• Design and conduct experiments to support the mechanistic and disease biomarker discovery for in vivo models
• Planning, coordination and execution of in vivo and ex vivo pharmacology studies in rodent models
• Experience with small animal handling procedures, injections, oral dosing
• Experience in tissue dissection and tissue preparation for histology, RNA, and protein analysis
• Experience in molecular biology techniques such as ELISA, MSD, FACS, TLDA and RT-PCR, CBA and Luminex assays
• Analyzing and presenting data to individuals and in group settingsA career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.