Pfizer Senior Associate in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Senior Associate - Business Planning Operations will be responsible for providing business transactions, contracting, and project management support to the Pfizer Innovation Research Lab team within the Early Clinical Development group. This will include:
• Project management and support for leadership team initiatives.
• Business management, including but not limited to budget, purchase orders, procurement, and collaborations.
• Ensuring the group's compliance with all corporate policies.
• Develop work plans for short term activities pertaining to human biology studies.
• Act as PfIRe Lab POC for interactions with Business Development and Finance groups, responsible for accurate tracking of purchase orders, invoices, contracts, etc.
• Play a key role in development/adoption/maintenance of an integrated file sharing platform to ensure coordinated storage and tracking of data, protocols, budgets, presentations, and clear communication amongst the PfIRe Lab.
• In partnership with PfIRe Lab's Digital Collaborations and Clinical Operations groups, manage operational efforts pertaining to human biology centers, including but not limited to facilitating renewal of agreements, establishing study timelines, providing status updates, and helping drive projects to completion on schedule.
• Be accountable for PfIRe Lab facilities and space planning logistics
• Contribute to and manage new projects as needed.
• Ensure that all PfIRe Lab colleagues remain compliant with Pfizer's corporate policies.
• Informally mentor administrative assistant in ensuring up-to-date coordination and tracking of headcount across the PfIRe Lab for FTEs, contractors, consultants, clinical translational fellows, postdocs, etc.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to new colleagues &; contractors as the team expands.
Training &; Education
• Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a BS/MS with 5+ years relevant experience
• Experience or a qualification in project management is preferred.
• A healthcare background is required.
Prior Experience Preferred:
• Extensive experience in contracting, FCPA, due diligence process, Sunshine Act, general compliance, creating purchase orders, processing invoices, tracking commitments, managing budgets.
• Experience within the pharmaceutical R&;D industry in a business operations position.
• Demonstrated ability to transform collections of ideas into finished products and to manage a wide variety of activities while accounting for changing priorities.
• Successful experience as a contributing team member, taking responsibility for a portion of the team's deliverables in moderately complex projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strategic planning and business analysis skills.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office, SharePoint, Box, WebEx, PTE, Ariba, SAVER, GDAS, ENGAGE, GIDM, Confluence
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Additional Location Information : Cambridge, MA
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.