Pfizer Senior Manager, Early Clinical Development, Nonclinical Statistics in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Responsible for ensuring sound statistical thinking and methods are utilized in the design, analysis, and statistical interpretation of studies focused on genetics and 'omics within Pfizer's research units. Studies will support drug target discovery, target validation and confidence in rationale, and precision medicine in early stage trials.
• Collaborate with various scientists in the design, analysis and reporting of genetics and 'omics analyses on both clinical and epidemiological data, including statistical interpretation of published or internally generated results in order to inform decision-making
• Core member of scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high quality manner.
• Interact with pharmacogenomics lead and external experts to assure sound quantitative approaches are applied to data collection and analysis.
• Supervise and execute biomarker studies in early stage clinical trials.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to statisticians within Pfizer's research division on aspects of pharmacogenomics in clinical trials.
• Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good scientific practices are followed: excellent statistical methods utilized and documented in protocols, analysis plans and manuscripts, and assay methods are appropriately blinded, randomized and designed to meet clear objectives.
• Integrate genetics across clinical trials in order to make inferences related to personalized medicine, using appropriate meta-analysis techniques
• Use statistical expertise to influence both internal and external reports and presentations, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
• MSc in Statistics (PhD preferred), or demonstration of sufficient statistical training to be successful in the position, including experience or academic training in statistical genetics,
• At least one full year experience applying statistical methods to the p
rospective design and analysis of scientific and/or clinical problems. Pharmaceutical or biotech applications desired.
• Experience working with clinical trial data on multiple projects.
• Demonstrated understanding of GWAS and sequence-based analysis.
• Familiarity/expertise in meta-analysis and potential issues surrounding combining results from different studies, both from a design perspective and in terms of subject ascertainment.
• Experience running simulations and mixed models.
• Experience with multivariate statistics and statistical methods to quantify uncertainty in multi-dimensional data, and with QC procedures for GWAS and sequencing data.
• Either experience in using or sound understanding of the value of Bayesian methods to scientific research.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
Technical/Computational Skill Requirements
• Must have R and SAS programming skills and familiarity with a Linux/UNIX environment
• Knowledge or proficiency in PLINK, ability to use genetic imputation software such as MACH or IMPUTE, and awareness of the latest techniques in sequence-based analysis and other genetics tools will be extremely helpful
• Must be able to explain statistical techniques and considerations to non-statisticians
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: September 18, 2017
Grade: 13 Additional Location Information : Cambridge, MAEligible for Relocation PackageEligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.