Pfizer Senior Manager, Medical Informatics in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are looking for a self-directed informatics expert to support our information and data handling efforts for current and upcoming PfIRe Lab projects. This position will assure standardization of procedures, and workflows in exploratory data practices by collaborating across teams and organizations in the implementation of exploratory data initiatives and evaluation of requests for such initiatives while providing expertise for development of solutions. The Clinical Informatician is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the data, analysis, and technology strategy for the PfiRe Lab and Digital Precision Medicine Department including BlueSky program. The mission of the PfIRe Lab is to solve key business problems using dynamical measures, advanced-STEM platforms and a collaborative network of external stakeholders, regulators and internal enterprise-wide colleagues to support a digital therapeutic pipeline. The PfIRe Lab is an industry-leading mobile/digital technology initiative striving to utilize digital continuous remote monitoring of patients' symptoms as novel endpoints for disease diagnosis and health state assessment. The successful candidate will function as a contributing member of a motivated and engaged team who are responsible for the day-to-day clinical execution of the project. BlueSky is a transformative vision for Pfizer. The goal is to construct a system in which, first, digital continuous/dynamic measurements in patients are used for diagnosis and health state monitoring. These sensor-data are then integrated in a machine-intelligent closed loop system to provide a highly personalized therapeutic intervention for each patient. This position requires onsite location in Cambridge, MA. This clinical technologist role will support the delivery of a coherent suite of translational studies in Parkinson's and other diseases including exploratory, methodology, device validation in patients and clinical study designs. The Clinical Informatician will be member of a motivated and engaged core team of Clinical, Technical, and Data Scientists who are responsible for the day-to-day clinical execution of the PfIRe Lab clinical studies. Critically this individual will also contribute to the development and implementation of the Regulatory, IPM (Industrializing Precision Medicine) and data standards strategy for the clinical studies by helping to define these areas in PfIRe Lab Digital Innovation projects.
• Key contributor to design, management and operationalization of the PfIRe Lab Projects. These include human biology studies, methodology studies in healthy volunteers, setting up clinical research collaborations at a small number of academic and multispecialty medical centers, develop and supervise validation studies for the PfIRe Lab clinical studies prototypes, design, supervise and influence the scaling and industrialization of the validated prototype into a Pfizer phase three clinical trial.
• Supports safeguarding patient data in studies.
• Partners with colleagues in PfIRe Lab, Clinical Pharmacology, Biostatistics, Development Operations (including IPM and mClinical), Regulatory, Data Standards and Legal to ensure excellence in development and translation of these clinical research plans into efficiently delivered studies.
• Contributes to development of a long range strategy in the PfIRe Lab, including medical, translational, regulatory and operational aspects.
• Tracks emerging study data and works closely with bioengineering and quantitative colleagues to ensure effectiveness of tools and capacity of validation populations to prove the valid performance of techniques developed for endpoint measures on an ongoing basis to ensure data quality.
• Establishes relationships with key internal teams and external clinical experts and institutions to ensure implementation of best clinical thinking and guidelines into clinical studies development plans.
• Flexible and entrepreneurial in supporting the uncertainties of development in the portfolio.
• Advanced degree in Health Informatics, Clinical Informatics, Computer Science with strong medical and research experience, or related discipline.
• Comprehensive understanding of the landscape of medical data structures, medical ontologies and terminologies such as SNOMED, LOINC, RxNORM, CDISC standards, data processing and handling tools, and leading edge medical technology such as wearable devices.
• Knowledge of current interoperability standards and experience with semantic ontologies application and development.
• Experience with electronic database capture (EDC) systems preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; demonstrated ability to build consensus and drive change across the organization.
• Able to be entrepreneurial and focus relentlessly on delivering success at all costs on tight and immutable timelines. Lives a culture of "can do" and always finding solution space.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Additional Location Information : Cambridge, MA
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.