Pfizer Biosimilar Account Manager in Denver, Colorado
Biosimilar Account Manager (BAM), US Biosimilars
The US Biosimilars Account Manager (BAM) is responsible for engaging key hospital and clinic accounts at the regional/local level to:
• Frame opportunities and challenges through a customer centric lens
• Act as the owner of a strategic plan for key accounts and set goals for all account-level initiatives and strategies
• Deploy existing and newly developed resources as the US organization focuses on advancing solutions with mutual priorities for Pfizer US Biosimilars and its key customers.
• Advance Pfizer US Biosimilars credibility as a partner to improve patient care for providers utilizing approved Pfizer US Biosimilars resources
• Problem-solve for complex account challenges related to formulary and contract acceptance.
• Take an active role in the contracting strategy by negotiating contracts with responsible customer stakeholders at IDNs, hospitals and large group practices with a focus on those with or desiring to have a contract agreement(s) with Pfizer products.
The Biosimilar Account Manager, US Biosimilars is a field-based role in the US Biosimilars Business Unit calling on complex and revenue-generating customers including Hospital systems and large specialty clinics (excluding payer accounts and specialty pharmacies).
Plan to Execute:
• Develop strategic plans for key accounts in partnership with district teams for sales impact.
• Maintain command of key regional dynamics through engagement with stakeholders such as state societies and National Thought Leaders.
• Prioritize accounts based on sales opportunities, strategic messaging, influence and size
• Build strategies and specific goals annually to advance portfolio interests and advance patient care
• Develop customer-centric approach to problem solving for any barriers to formulary acceptance.
- Shares information and clear communication to maximize the opportunities in the district/region
• Productively engage key pharmacy accounts with contracts and distribution agreement. Execute against that strategic plan in coordination with the local US Biosimilars District Manager.
• Understand account needs and execute on mutual interests.
• Problem solve with accounts for specific challenges (ie. mastering understanding of DRGs, Buy & Bill) to ensure product uptake.
• Uses knowledge of complex organizational drivers and dynamics to influence appropriate business decisions.
• Manage relationships with pharmacy, particularly where formal distribution agreements or large centrally controlled IDNs and/or affiliations.
• Provide quality information/programs and preserve Pfizer US Biosimilars leadership position.
• Comply with all Corporate Policies and Procedures, while conducting all job-related activities with integrity and adherence to Pfizer's high standards of business conduct.
• Ensuring awareness with all competitive activities within accounts and preventing attrition.
• Demonstrated track record of high performance in calling on large, complex customers, including difficult to access accounts
• Strong competencies in the following areas: Anticipates Customer and Market Needs, Seizes Accountability, Strategic and Innovative Thinking, Coloration and Self-Awareness
Anticipates potential changes in the business and takes appropriate action.
A deep understanding of hospital contracting process which incorporates contract negotiating experience
Buy & bill experience:
Clear understanding of how the medication can be accessed and purchased for use
Purchase options include (1) hospital buying process (wholesaler or GPO) or (2) physician buys the product for the appropriate patient and bills the insurance once patient services have been completed.
Understand billing codes for product and services rendered
Managed care knowledge -understand the policy for the product and how it can be obtained based on the managed care policy and approval
Understand HUB services - Verification of benefits for patients coverage
Experience selling biologics preferred.
Experience calling on oncology or rheumatology or gastroenterology preferred.
Infused Anti-TNF agents and/or Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESA) market experience ideal.
Demonstrate leadership in product launches (particularly biologic products).
Demonstrated leadership in negotiating contracts in the payer, hospital and or clinic setting.
Deep understanding of hospital account management and ability to articulate contracting terms and conditions.
• In depth knowledge of key markets and customers in regional markets
• Previous experience leading/managing teams or in account management is preferred
Capabilities for this position include:- Integrated Market Perspective- Consultative Selling- Leadership- Strategic Planning.
The selected candidate will have a leader with a "can do" attitude, high degree of professionalism and business acumen; ability to build relationships and credibility across the organization; works effectively with cross functional teams in a complex, matrix environment to drive results. Highly skilled in all forms of communication (i.e. oral, written, presentations) at team, peer, customer and executive levels by establishing clear and easy to follow line of thinking and rationale to others. The selected candidate will be collaborative, approachable, intuitive, relatable to employees, a relationship builder within a complete organization, trusted/trustworthy. They must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality, passionate, energetic, detail oriented, organized, driven, accountable and process oriented driving business results. Above all, the individual will have unquestionable personal and business ethics.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who desires to be on the ground floor or an emerging market and, at the same time, continue to build skills in sales strategy within a highly regarded, global pharmaceutical health company. This position will provide professional growth by strengthening deep knowledge of biosimilars sales practices within a regulated environment and is an exceptional chance to have an impact on the long term growth of the organization. Compensation for this position will include a generous base salary and sales incentive compensation bonus program complemented by an outstanding set of fringe benefits which include competitive health, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits that are designed to provide quality care at an affordable cost, development programs, including tuition reimbursement, leadership development, life insurance, disability benefits, employee assistance program, an adoption benefit program, generous number of days paid time off to name a few.
E EO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
S unshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: 8/23/2017
This job is Pfizer Exempt US
Grade : 15
Additional Location Information: CO, ID, NE, OR, UT and WA
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.