Pfizer Biosimilars Portfolio Representative (SHR) in Denver, Colorado
• The Biosimilars Portfolio Representative is directly responsible for presenting Biosimilars and optimizing the business opportunities in targeted hospital accounts and clinics, and is fully accountable for compliantly managing direct account relationships in the competitive Biosimilars and Biologics arenas.
• The Biosimilars Portfolio Representative will be required to demonstrate excellence in executing on account specific action plans that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives.
• Coordination and integration with Major Accounts, Market Access and other Pfizer sales teams on strategies is required to ensure pull through strategies with key accounts as well as to effectively drive acceptance of promoted produc (s) within a designated business area and geography.
• The Biosimilars Portfolio Representative is accountable for helping gain hospital formulary acceptance, communicating contract terms and conditions and eventual pull-through activities while managing key relationships such as keyopinion leaders and key leadership in hospitals and clinics within one territory.
• The Biosimilars Portfolio Representative will also have the opportunity to take ownership for peer training and coaching within districts to assist others, perhaps in a more junior capacity, to develop skills in key aspects of the sales funnel, selling on value and other conceptual topics.
• The individual will report to the District Manager of their respective area.
Primary Customer Targets:
• Clinical pharmacists, specialist such as, rheumatologists, gastroenterologists, oncologists and ancillary HCPs.
• Hospitals, Integrated Delivery Networks and HCP clinics.
• Meet &; exceed territory sales objectives and manage territory budget.
• Develop &; manage Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and cascade influence throughout territory.
• Deploy information to support the customer understanding and acceptance of Biosimilars and support the utilization of Biosimilars through compliant delivery of approved messaging.
• Leverage strong selling &; influencing skills to engage customers in product discussions
• Display proficiency handling objections and reframing selling discussions.
• Implement marketing strategies, tactics and deliver key messages to drive uptake.
• Personal accountability to organize and drive educational presentations in key accounts to increase awareness, education and drive adoption.
• Establish key relationships with assigned customer accounts to achieve business goals
• Leverage scientific information to impact sales.
• Develop deep knowledge of the Pfizer Biosimilars HUB services which include patient support programs and the ability to effectively triage questions related to insurance claims.
• Comply with all Pfizer policies, procedures and code of business conduct.
• Hospital credentialing as required.
Major Duties and Approach
• Attain sales goals and objectives. Utilize sound judgment to execute the franchise and company brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may include pharmacists, physicians, nurses, billing, and other influential decision makers within key hospitals within a specific geographic area.
• Establish professional working relationships with key decision makers, support staff, and influencers within assigned customers, to support use of Biosimilars through developing and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills.
• Deliver a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, utilizing approved marketing materials and medical reprints; discuss therapeutic strategies to educate decision makers.
• Execute marketing strategies at the local level, leveraging resources appropriately and working successfully with team members and counterparts to share ideas and information to enhance business results.
• Interface with and communicate effectively to customers and key influencers regarding product efficacy and safety, product availability, treatment protocols / formularies, supply and distribution, reimbursement and coding status, as well as all payer status.
• Strategically manage all allocated resources provided including financial/budgets, medical affairs, etc.
• Track and report all sales activity as required by District Manager and sales force effectiveness team.
• Work cross-functionally in a collaborative fashion across the Pfizer organization with other sales divisions and/or supporting team members to promote the biosimilars in a compliant manner.
• Use key account strategies to maximize efficiencies &; impact.
• Demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking to identify opportunities.
• Develop and maintain key account business plans.
• Collaborate with cross functional partners such as the marketing team, operations &; medical to identify and develop business opportunities.
• Monitor and assess competitive environment and market dynamics to anticipate sales opportunities and prepare for potential objections as they relate to clinical, or other productrelated challenges.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Consistent Top Sales Performer with:
5+ years of demonstrated success in Biologic and Hospital sales with oncology, rheumatology or GI preferred
3+ Biologic Buy &; Bill experience with oncology, rheumatology or GI preferred.
• Experience and understanding of hospital GPO affiliation, contracting, and managed care.
• Ability to work cross functionally.
• Strong selling skills; ability to present clinical information to physicians. Strong presentation skills preferred.
• Successful candidates will possess a deep understanding of moving customers through the P&;T Committee process using selling skills and business acumen in order to develop and drive product acceptance.
• Intimate understanding of key hospital system account management within pharmaceutical industry
• Previous experience with patient support programs preferred
• Strong working knowledge of reimbursement landscape (public/private)
• Ability to manage a large territory with up to 50% travel. Field based positionwith overnight travel, depending on business needs as required (ie. business travel, conventions, and quarterly meetings)
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: July 28, 2017
Additional Location Information : Denver, COEligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.