Pfizer Comparative Medicine Technical Associate in Groton, Connecticut
The Technical Associate's primary responsibility is to provide basic husbandry, handling, restraint and health surveillance of laboratory animals in compliance with local regulatory requirements. This individual will also provide daily record keeping of common laboratory species, their environments, and provide basic technical assistance (i.e., restraint, injections, blood collection) to other technicians and researchers. Other more specialized functions, depending on interest and aptitude may be assigned in the areas of technical and research services.
• Perform routine animal husbandry and welfare duties as directed.
• Required to work with all species across the site with assignments based on the business needs.
• Supply appropriate food and water for animals housed in the vivarium.
• Clean and provide animal housing and associated materials/equipment within assigned animal rooms.
• Observe and report status of animal health, food and water consumption, appearance, behavior; provide support in animal health monitoring and basic veterinary medical treatment as prescribed by the veterinary staff.
• Observe and record vivarium environmental conditions.
• Perform sanitation duties within assigned animal rooms and vivarium areas.
• Maintain and perform housekeeping of facility support areas.
• Support cage wash equipment operations and maintenance.
• Adhere to Pfizer and departmental safety policies and departmental SOPs and guidelines while demonstrating competency in facility safety protocols.
• Establish and maintain appropriate and quality communication, teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation.
• Support research by providing basic technical services (restraint, dose administration, blood collection) to research investigators.
• Basic computer knowledge such as email, online forms, web-based training and other basic programs.
High school degree or GED required; Associates or BS/BA in related field preferred AALAS certification at the ALAT level preferred
• Experience working in a laboratory animal setting required.
• Ability to demonstrate level of technical skills and abilities.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work standing up lifting items above shoulder level for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform repetitive physical activities such as: pushing and pulling racks of caging, lifting bags of feed and bedding, reaching, stooping and bending. A Functional Capacity Evaluation may be required.
• Weekend and holiday work are required for the job.
• Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting preferred.
• In general, a colleague at this level will have 1 year of experience.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work standing up lifting items above shoulder level for extended periods of time.
•Ability to perform repetitive physical activities such as: pushing and pulling racks of caging, lifting bags of feed and bedding, reaching, stooping and bending. A Functional Capacity Evaluation may be required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
•Weekend and holiday work are required for the job.
I. EEO Statement
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
II. Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
III. Additional Offer Details:
- Grade: 006A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.