Pfizer Capital Project Manager, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients in Kalamazoo, Michigan
• Manage high-impact, high-criticality capital projects supporting Kalamazoo Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Manufacturing at Pfizer's largest US drug product manufacturing facility. Capable of managing multiple projects from $1-million to $100-million. Key responsibilities and determinants of success in this role include the ability to:
• Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for one or more of the following critical API areas:
o Organic Synthesis
• Possess and maintain a working familiarity with current industry best practices in these areas.
• Ensure our API capital investments use the best technology, have the best outcomes for our business, and align with contemporary standards.
• Lead critical API capital investment scoping initiatives.
• Effectively interact with management and Operations to establish and define requirements for assigned projects.
• Develop conceptual designs, preliminary budgets and schedules for assigned projects.
• Assist project sponsors with the preparation of Capital Project Appropriation requests (CPAs). CPAs to include project descriptions, justifications, cost estimates, budgets, schedules, analyses of alternatives and other required information.
• Provide or arrange for development of complete design documentation for assigned projects. Select, manage and coordinate the efforts of design consultants and firms as appropriate.
• Develop "Request for Proposal" documents for design services, construction services and major equipment items as appropriate.
• Administer, resolve, and control all design, construction, contractual and financial aspects of the project.
• Ensure that all applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements are met on assigned projects.
• Assure appropriate training of impacted maintenance and operating personnel and obtain/distribute testing, certification, validation, "as-built", spare parts, operating or maintenance manual documentation and drawings.
• Develop Capital and Expense budgets for future projects during annual budgeting and capital planning cycles.
• Interfaces with Pfizer Global Engineering to ensure project compliance with applicable PGM standards, follow all PGM best practices and comply with Pfizer Quality Standards.
• Maintain technical skills in the latest techniques for project management and aseptic processing technology as applied to facilities and equipment design, construction and plant operation.
• Provides feedback and support for managing site service providers.
• Represents/Leads the Project Engineering organization for site and Center initiatives.
Apply extensive technical and industry-specific expertise, and demonstrate extensive knowledge of the requirements of other related disciplines.
Demonstrate skills in leading, planning, and developing successful business processes and business units.
Problem Solving and Innovation:
Develop solutions to complex problems through the consistent use of ingenuity, innovation, and creativity.
Able to differentiate information from data.
Able to gather, analyze, interpret, relate and compare information from multiple sources and identify cause and effect relationships using structured methodologies, and defend conclusions.
Ensure solutions are consistent with organizational objectives.
Adapt and respond positively to a variety of situations and individuals in order to meet changing departmental priorities.
Operate within established HR policies.
Experienced in colleague relations issues.
Discretion, Latitude, Level of Independence:
Work effectively without routine direction.
Exercise appropriate latitude in interpreting objectives of the assignment.
Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long- term perspective.
Recommend changes to business processes and departmental policies.
Impact and Organizational Contribution:
Consistently makes significant contributions to the achievement of team, plant and/or global objectives.
Ensure successful project outcomes within a team or project leadership role.
Ensures projects are consistently completed with full scope delivery on schedule and within budget. Poor decisions or recommendations or failure to deliver timely completion of assignments would normally result in serious delays to assigned projects, resulting in considerable investment of additional time and human/financial capital.
Exemplifies and instills in others an Ownership mentality.
Empower others to contribute their best.
Demonstrate active involvement in daily operations.
Maintain frequent contact with all stakeholders and impacted organizations concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts.
Represent the organization as the Project Engineering contact on assigned projects.
Conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
Ensure complete, accurate and timely reporting of project status and issues to the appropriate levels of management.
Time Span of Work:
Projects and tasks typically characterized by short-term (1 to 3 months) to mid-term (3 to 6 months) deliverables with work measured at milestones.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent. Chemical engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of engineering and/or project management experience.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: PMP Certification or PE/EIT License preferred
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: July 27, 2017
Additional Location Information : Kalamazoo, MI
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.