Pfizer Chemist in Kalamazoo, Michigan
The weekend night shift chemist is responsible for scheduling prioritization, workload distribution, and laboratory process improvement on the relative shift for API in-process, Intermediates, Cleanings, and Raw Material testing at the Kalamazoo site. This includes communicating priorities to the lab and following up with customers on testing status. The Chemist performs LIR supervisor duties for atypical, OOS, questionable, and invalidated data occurrences and will cover data integrity responsibilities. The Chemist represents and/or leads the lab unit or the entire lab organization on high complexity projects and project teams both within and outside of Quality Operations. This role provides leadership and technical expertise to assist the laboratory with troubleshooting, investigations, and instrument qualifications. The weekend chemist will be heavily involved in second checking of data and will perform assays as needed. This role has the responsibility of serving as Management Designee and will have limited input into the OTE colleague performance assessment process. The chemist will potentially defend QO Laboratory Quality Systems during audits and inspections.
• Leads and documents laboratory investigations for procedural deviations, atypical, OOS, questionable, and invalidated data occurrences.
•Assures adherence to data integrity initiatives.
• As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), represents the lab unit or the entire lab organization on high complexity projects and project teams both within and outside of QO. Leads medium or high complexity project teams within QO tasked with improving laboratory or other quality systems.
• Assists QO Lab leadership in determining scheduling priorities and workload distribution to ensure customer needs are met.
• Performs data quality inspection through Quality audits and 2nd check of laboratory data packets
• Performs analytical assays during times of need.
• Demonstrates a technical mastery of one or more techniques in fields such as: wet chemistry, chromatography, physical chemistry, or spectroscopy as well as a complete knowledge of laboratory operations including both technical and compliance aspects.
• Applies knowledge of advanced techniques and procedures with recommendations and implementation of new or modified procedures or instrumentation for improved lab efficiency.
• Trains others in the theory and practice of both laboratory techniques and quality systems including investigations, instrument qualifications, etc.
• Independently writes SOPs, technical reports, project plans, instrument qualifications, etc.
• Serves as management designee during weekend shifts and will have limited input into the OTE colleague performance assessment process.
BA/BS, or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related science preferred with a minimum of 3 years related experience in Quality Operations.
Job requires sitting, standing, walking, ability to type, and dexterity for handling glassware/laboratory equipment. The job will require the ability to maintain focus for a twelve hour shift.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Weekend Chemist (Night Shift)
-36 hour standard work week.
-No company/preference holidays, the position already has the equivalent of 26 days off.
-Must attend necessary meetings and trainings if required by management (i.e. Town Halls, unit meetings, etc.).
This position qualifies for a 10% shift premium.
The selected candidates will report to the Rapid Turn Laboratory first shift manager and primary interactions will be with the API / DP plant, Quality Operations Laboratories, Microbiological laboratories, Qualified Utilities, Quality Assurance, Warehouse, Packaging, Stability, Regulatory, QO Tech Transfer, Method Validation & Transfer, Early Stage Testing Laboratory, Documentation Change Control and LIMS Support, Sample Handling.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: July 21, 2017
Additional Location Information: Kalamazoo, MI
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.