Pfizer Chemist, Analytical Methods Development / Validation in Lake Forest H3, Illinois
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued any type of progressive disciplinary action on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date disciplinary action is issued.
Legacy Hospira - Grade 15
Hospira, a Pfizer company, is the global leader of injectable drugs committed to putting patients first by improving access and care worldwide.
Development of sterile injectable products within Pfizer Essential Health (PEH).
Performs analytical method development, validation and transfer activities for small molecules as well as complex formulations. With or without supervision, routinely generates, collects and analyzes stability samples, supports formulation development, collates data and interprets results. Authors analytical protocols and reports. Drafts specifications and contributes to master batch record generation. Contributes to peer review of data and experiments. Attend project team and brainstorming meetings and present data. If applicable, visit the manufacturing facilities during stability batch manufacture for support. Knowledgeable in USP and ICH guidances for pharmaceutical product development and testing.
Relocation packages are available.
• Routinely performs wet chemistry and chromatographic analysis (e.g. HPLC, GC).
• Authors protocols, reports, regulatory submission documents and review/create master batch records.
• Modify or optimize compendial methods, develop original methods and lead change control processes.
• Lead or participate in method transfers to QC labs; provide analytical support for process transfer to manufacturing sites
• Plans and executes analytical laboratory assignments and activities to meet established project goals and timelines. Provides formulation support in developing new products.
• Fundamentally understands and complies with GMP/GLP to achieve high quality regulatory submission.
• Generate, analyze, peer review and report data for regulatory submission.
• Grasps a general understanding of the breadth and depth of drug development and contributes to scientific discussions during project team meetings.
• Performs method validations and transfers to internal and external sites.
• Performs routine stability testing and performs laboratory investigations as needed.
• MS with approximately 2-3 years of relevant experience in the field of analytical, physical or organic chemistry. Alternatively, a BS with approximately 5 years of experience. Candidate with a Ph.D. with relevant experience over a limited time may also be considered. Pharmaceutical industry experience with strong knowledge of GMP requirements is desired.
• Must have strong demonstrated experience in routine analytical chemistry techniques, separation sciences, GMP documentation and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the use of MS Office (Word, Excel) are highly desired.
• Effectively collaborates with colleagues from cross-functional areas.
This position involves frequent work within an analytical testing lab, in the presence of chemicals, with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The position also entails handling cytotoxic/potent compounds (with appropriate PPE).
II. Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.