Pfizer Director, Protein Characterization in Lake Forest H3, Illinois
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Join one of the leading Biosimilars Pharmaceutical Sciences organizations in the industry. As a leader in the biosimilars sector with approved products in the U.S. and Europe and an industry-leading biosimilars pipeline, Pfizer offers an exciting opportunity for a strong scientific leader to join our global biosimilars R&D team. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced leader with a strong technical background in mass spectrometry and biophysical characterization to join our global Biosimilars Pharmaceutical Sciences team in Lake Forest, IL. The Director, Protein Characterization will be responsible for the development and implementation of global protein characterization strategies and technologies to support the advancement of Pfizer's biosimilars pipeline.
He/she will be responsible for defining strategies for the extended characterization of Pfizer's biosimilar pipeline molecules using mass spectrometric and biophysical characterization techniques to support clinical trial applications and marketing applications to global Health Authorities. He/she will work closely with cross-functional and Analytical R&;D colleagues to ensure alignment of the biosimilar characterization strategies across Pfizer's biosimilar and innovative bio therapeutics programs and with relevant industry best practices and global regulatory agency expectations.
• Provide scientific and operational leadership to Protein Characterization group within the global Biosimilars Pharmaceutical Sciences organization. Provide technical and strategic direction to the group regarding the development, optimization and qualification of mass spectrometric and biophysical characterization methods for extended characterization of Pfizer's biosimilar protein products.
• Provide scientific leadership to identify innovative technical approaches to achieve Protein Characterization group objectives. Build business case, as necessary for organizational investment in new technologies.
• Serve as member of Biosimilars Pharmaceutical Sciences Analytical R&D Leadership Team.
• Provide supervision, coaching, and leadership for the global Protein Characterization staff.
• Lead collaborations with other global cross-functional partner groups to support the development and commercial launch of Pfizer's biosimilars portfolio.
• Interact with global Health Authorities during biosimilar product development meetings and site inspections.
• Develop project, resource and budget plans to support execution of the defined Protein Characterization strategies and biosimilar program deliverables.
• Maintain current knowledge of emerging technologies in the area of protein characterization within the group and recognize opportunities to apply the knowledge to Pfizer's biosimilars programs or through patents and publications.
• Leverage external data and publications and relevant industry benchmarking information to drive scientific excellence in experimental design, data analysis and functional/cross-functional strategy development.
• Periodic domestic and international travel required.
• Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or other life science and at least 10 years of relevant experience.
• Extensive experience in the characterization of recombinant antibodies, proteins, and peptides using mass spectrometry and biophysical characterization techniques. Previous experience must include senior technical and/or management roles in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry supporting the development and/or commercialization of therapeutic recombinant proteins.
• Knowledgeable regarding a broad array of other analytical characterization techniques including chromatography, capillary and gel electrophoresis, spectroscopic techniques, glycoprofiling, etc.
• Demonstrated record of success in leading teams and with direct supervision of scientific staff with varying levels of education and experience (B.S., M.S. and Ph.D.)
• Must have excellent writing and presentation skills.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Grade: Legacy Hospira 21
Additional Location Information : Lake Forest, ILEligible for Relocation PackageEligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.