Pfizer LabWare LIMS IT Principal Analyst in Lake Forest H3, Illinois
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Work with the global Pfizer R&;D LabWare team to implement and support LabWare LIMS for the Pfizer Essential Health (PEH) R&;D Pharmaceutical Sciences organization. Work with scientists and senior management to understand, gather, and harmonize user requirements in order to configure, deploy, and help scientists to use the LIMS new solution. Interface with support organizations to drive and maintain compliance and steady state.
The successful candidate will develop and possess subject matter expertise on LIMS functionality, lab processes and procedures, system administration, new users training, and troubleshooting. The successful candidate will proactively identify customer needs and areas for improvement and work with business partners to execute solutions. The person will take ownership of projects and deliver results with a sense of urgency.
This position is located in our north suburban Chicago/Lake Forest, IL location. The position is NOT eligible for relocation.
• Collaborates with business partners, stake holders, and the LIMS Global team to identify business needs and drive harmonization of solution requirements for implementation.
• Participation in FDA Part 11 compliance, data backup and disaster recovery activities.
• Working with the LIMS vendor, LabWare, to design and implement new project templates critical to PEH R&;D in a timely manner
• Initiates, prototypes and validates new solutions
• Interface with support organizations to maintain compliance and steady state.
• Other application support as needed in support of PEH R&;D lab systems.
• Bachelor's degree in a computer science or scientific discipline or other similar field
• Complementary degree in life sciences is a plus
• A minimum of 7 years of experience as a System Analyst or Business Analyst in one or more areas of pharma R&;D, manufacturing, operations, quality. 10 years of experience preferred.
• Understanding of laboratory business processes in one or more areas of pharma R&;D, manufacturing, operations, quality.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience with lab informatics or lab systems
• Validation and Part-11 data integrity knowledge or experience.
• Demonstrated ability in providing clear, timely, and accurate communication with all level of users to produce desired results - including interaction with senior leaders.
• Knowledge of design methodologies, techniques, and tools
• Analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; and can work independently.
• Understanding and/or experience with budgets a plus.
• Experience in LIMS development/deployment would be preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, Macro development, SQL would be preferred.
• Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and general programming concept.
Working both in office environment and in laboratories.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Percent of travel required: 5-15%
Join/host conference calls and interact with global teams in the evenings or early mornings.
The other information internal statement (use in place of IFW):
Colleagues who are issued any type of progressive disciplinary action on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date disciplinary action is issued.
Hospira Legacy Grade: 18
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.