Pfizer Pharmaceutical R&D Laboratory Informatics Specialist (LIMS) in Lake Forest H3, Illinois
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues Colleagues who are issued any type of progressive disciplinary action on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date disciplinary action is issued.
Legacy Hospira - Grade 15
Hospira, a Pfizer company, is the global leader of injectable drugs and infusion technologies, committed to putting patients first by improving access and care worldwide.
Supporting the Pfizer Essential Health (PEH) business unit (formerly Pfizer's Global Established Pharmaceutical (GEP) organization) specifically sterile injectables products, and reporting to the Manager, PEH R&;D Lab Systems, the Laboratory Informatics Specialist will be responsible for providing support and leadership for the laboratory information management system (LIMS). Responsibilities include subject matter expertise on LIMS functionality and LIMS-related PEH R&;D/ PharmSci business and quality procedures, system administration, training new users, and troubleshooting. Other responsibilities include participation in FDA Part 11 compliance, data backup and disaster recovery activities and working with the LIMS vendor, LabWare, to design and implement new project templates critical to PEH R&;D. The position will require partnership and collaboration across the various PEH functions of R&;D, IT/Business Technology (BT), Compliance and various lab system vendors as well as the broader Pfizer enterprise.
This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to organize and prioritize while juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders. The ability to independently execute on action items is critical. Strong project management skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving capabilities are also keys to success in this role.
This position is located in our north suburban Chicago/Lake Forest, IL location; local candidates only.
The incumbent will have responsibilities for the following as indicated:
Training new users (R&;D scientists) on LIMS regarding:
• Laboratory business processes
• Laboratory compliance procedures
Troubleshooting LIMS regarding:
• Research problem (connectivity, components not working, software issues, etc.)
• Determine and work on resolution with user/ BT/vendor
• Application Support (problems and upgrades)
Creating and Validating Templates:
• Work with initiator to identify requirements.
• Work with BT/vendor to design, test and implement templates.
• Analyze impact to templates with respect to LIMS changes and upgrades.
System Administration/FDA Part 11 Compliance/System Upgrades/Data Back-up and Disaster Recovery:
• Work with BT and PEH Quality/Compliance to assure all local and corporate requirements are met.
Interface with PEH R&;D scientists and their management, Pfizer IT, carious laboratory instrument vendors.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology or other physical science discipline and/or computer science.
• 3+ years industry laboratory testing experience within the chemical, food, refinery, environmental or similar industries; pharmaceutical industry laboratory testing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of FDA Part 11 and GMP preferred.
• Previous experience with laboratory systems in either a user or support role preferred.
• Exhibit strong collaboration/relationship-building skills and ability to engage across multiple functions.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to evaluate information, draw conclusions and recommend solutions.
• Proven ability in managing day-to-day planning and operational activities.
• Ability to anticipate issues/needs and to work proactively to address them.
• Strategic thinker with strong execution capabilities.
• Possess a high energy level, sense of urgency, creativity, decisiveness, ability to work hard and well under pressure.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
II. Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.