Pfizer Sr. Chemist, Pharmaceutical Product Development, w/ Focus on Analytical Sciences in Lake Forest H3, Illinois
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued any type of progressive disciplinary action on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date disciplinary action is issued.
Legacy Hospira - Grade 17
Hospira, a Pfizer company, is the global leader of injectable drugs and infusion technologies, committed to putting patients first by improving access and care worldwide.
Provides technical leadership to the sterile injectable product development group within Pfizer
Essential Health (PEH).
The analyst will primarily be responsible for laboratory activities (e.g. analytical method
development, validation and transfer, formulation support) for assigned projects, including but
not limited to developing timelines and work plans. This position normally reports to a Manager.
Lead development of complex analytical and bioanalytical techniques internally and through
external collaborations. This individual also assists with preparing and reviewing technical
documents, including validation protocols and reports, analytical test procedures and technical reports. Independently performs all chemistry technique assignments, and is able to troubleshoot technical challenges. Routinely designs experiments that lead to a fundamental understanding of drug's stability characteristics as a function of the designated drug delivery system. Makes use of scientific literature, and has a good understanding of the disciplines beyond chemistry and pharmaceutics. Effectively functions as a PEH PharmSci representative on project teams to progress projects through various phases leading to product commercialization . When assigned direct reports (technical supervision), will be responsible for colleague professional growth and providing performance reviews. When needed, visit the manufacturing facilities as needed to facilitate product manufacture to support regulatory submission.
Up to 5% or more travel may be required.
This position is located in our north suburban Chicago/Lake Forest, IL location; relocation is provided.
• Leads and plans analytical laboratory assignments and activities to meet established project
goals and timelines. Provides formulation support in developing new products.
• Directly or through others, performs analytical method development, and executes method
validations and method transfers.
• Routinely perform wet chemistry and chromatographic analysis (HPLC, IC, GC, LC-MS, ICP-MS etc.).
• Prepares and reviews technical documents, including validation protocols and reports, analytical test procedures, technical reports, and change controls.
• Ensures that the analytical procedures they develop, review or establish conform to current and appropriate scientific, compendial and regulatory standards, and are suitable for use for their intended purpose.
• Conducts investigations in the areas of method performance and reliability and evaluates
proposed changes to compendia or developed methods.
• Writes protocols or propose specifications based on USP, ICH or other compendial or regulatory requirements.
• Assists in performing laboratory investigations.
• Work directly with parties beyond PEH PharmSci/R&;D, including but not limited to 3rd party
analytical labs, Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO's), and involvement with other
divisions of Pfizer.
• Provides training, technical expertise and support to the analytical staff.
• Identifies opportunities for quality enhancement and operational efficiencies and develops
efficient methodologies to track the progress.
• Evaluates new or state-of-the-art technology for potential use for characterization and
assessment of key drug product attributes.
• Performs duties with a high level of independence. Maybe assigned direct reports contingent on demonstration of supervisory skills and experience.
• Enables overall goal achievement through good interpersonal/communications skills,
accountability, time management and cross functional collaboration.
Pharmaceutical industry experience with strong knowledge of GMP requirements is desired.
Alternatively, a BS degree with 10+ years of experience or MS degree with 6+ years of experience.
Experience in LC-MS is a plus.
• Must have strong experience in chromatography (eg, HPLC with Empower data acquisition
software, LC/MS, GC/MS, NMR and other spectroscopic techniques)
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the use of MS Office (Word, Excel) are required
• Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to effectively balance multiple projects and strong interpersonal/communication skills are required
II. Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.