Pfizer Material Handler B1 in McPherson, Kansas
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued any type of progressive disciplinary action on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date disciplinary action is issued.
Legacy Hospira - Grade D
Based on the direction and assistance of the Material Handler Group Leader and/or Supervisor, Material Handlers complete specified tasks needed to support the overall material handling function. Key tasks include timely completion of material receipts, locating and staging of materials, material picks, system transactions, inventory counts, unloading and loading of trucks, and finished goods order preparation.
• Maintain accurate material verification and inventory accuracy ensuring timely customer service and regulatory compliance in Receiving, Staging, Shipping, and Stockroom. Keys activities include: loading and unloading materials from trucks, moving materials to staging and storage locations, moving materials to and from production, palletizing material, picking orders, finished goods order preparation, performing the destruction of designated materials, and helps to provide security and control of Controlled Products that are staged and stored in vault areas.
• Perform accurate inventory transactions using hand-held mobile computer units. Retrieve data inquires using inventory control system and assist in the resolution of material discrepancies. Performs and documents inventory cycle counts. Performs and documents critical information on daily/weekly/monthly checklist, forms, and batch records. Maintains general facility housekeeping and helps to ensure regulatory agency compliance (DOT, EPA, DEA, FDA, etc.). Maintains and ensures training certification is current and assists in the training of new employees.
• Safely and efficiently operate material handling equipment used in day to day operation (forklift, material pickers, palletizer machine, shrink-wrap machine, etc.). Must be able to successfully complete forklift operations training within 90-days of being in the position. Forklifts must be operated safely and OSHA regulations and plant safety rules must be followed. Forklifts are used in daily operations to load and unload trucks, to move materials to and from production, and to move materials to and from staging and storage areas.
• Must adhere to GMP guidelines, SOP's, plant policies and rules.
• Communicates and interacts directly with production and support groups. Deals directly with external personnel on a daily basis (truck drivers, suppliers, contractors, etc.). Works in a team environment that supports all aspects of the material handling function.
• Able to adapt to changing environment and situations in a constructive manner. Assist in area improvements and department projects.
• Where assigned, assist in hazardous and non-hazardous waste management activities per plant procedures and guidelines. Must be able to successfully complete required training related to assigned waste handling duties.
• Requires basic education. Ability to understand and follow standard practice or oral instruction, use basic math, document and record activities, and use standard office machines.
• Requires ability to understand and carry out assigned duties effectively and with a positive attitude.
• Basic computer knowledge needed for operating inventory gun transactions, maintaining training, operating non-technical devices like scales or door interlock system and computer conveyor equipment.
• Some working knowledge and experience in computer systems such as Word, Excel, Access, JD Edwards, and SAP is helpful.
• Must be able to adapt to changing environment and situations in a constructive manner. Must react quickly and appropriately to production and maintenance requirement changes.
• Considerable mental/visual concentration, coordinating manual dexterity with mental/visual attention.
• Requires frequent lifting or other stressful physical activities.
• Subject to frequent interruptions of normal routine.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Lab/production environment with some disagreeable elements such as noise, dust, fumes, heat, safety hazards, etc.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.