Pfizer Finance Rotational Staff in Memphis, Tennessee
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position will participate in the Global Financial Solutions (GFS) Finance Rotational Program. The program consists of a series of departmental rotations within the GFS Shared Service organization over a 2-3 year period. The program is designed to provide participants with hands-on professional experience and focused skill development through exposure to key GFS operational and accounting processes. Specific rotational assignments and assignment duration will both be dependent on the candidate's skill set, performance, and business requirements. Program participants will be eligible for permanent associate positions after successful completion of at least two rotational assignments. All offers are contingent upon candidate subsequently meeting the minimum requirements for the position prior to September 2018 start date.
As rotational assignments span across a variety of GFS procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, and record-to-report departments, candidates must have the dedication and versatility to meet demands that vary across these departments. Specific responsibilities include the following.
• Ensure accounting transactions are in compliance with Pfizer accounting policies and US GAAP.
• Assist in the maintenance of complete and accurate standard operating procedures, process metrics, and SOX related internal control documentation
• Effectively communicate observations and recommendations with GFS colleagues, front-line managers, and senior leadership.
• Assist in the maintenance of domestic and/or international ledgers including the preparation of related journal entries and reconciliations
• Prepare financial and accounting analysis involving complex transactions including but not limited to hedge accounting, foreign exchange, termination costs, restructuring reserves, royalties (alliance, 3rd party, I/C), debt, investments, pension and postretirement activities
• Assist in the delivery of critical analysis to external accountants, 3rd party auditors, and internal audit
• Identify and communicate issues and be proactive in determining impact and proposed resolution
• Assist in the financial and accounting integration of domestic acquisitions
• Assist in the preparation of audited financial statements and related footnotes for joint ventures, foundations, benefit plans and selected international entities
• Candidates must be authorized to work on a full-time, permanent basis in the United States
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA and/or CPA eligible
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Proficiency in PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
• Demonstrated commitment to educational and professional development
• Strong organizational skills required to coordinate with business partners both in and out of the organization
• Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
• Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
• All offers are contingent upon candidate subsequently meeting the minimum requirements for the position.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.