Pfizer Wet Process Technician I in Middleton, Wisconsin
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Assists Team Lead and/or other technicians in meeting production, delivery, quality and safety goals. Coordinates with and checks the work of Wet Process operators. Trains operators in required methods. Has operation experience and performs technician work as required.
Operates equipment and processes per SOPs and master batch records.
Reviews and maintains records and log books.
Understands processes (e.g. manufacturing, cleaning, water systems) and is proactive in responding to and correcting equipment malfunctions and process deviations.
Notifies Team Lead, manager or appropriate individuals of equipment malfunctions and process deviations, including problems with systems or materials.
Works to resolve equipment and process problems and performs operator care as required.
Assists team lead and other technicians in maintaining and monitoring physical inventories to make sure supplies are available when needed.
Ensures all work is performed in a safe manner and in accordance with established safety policies and regulations.
• High School degree or equivalent, such as GED, required.
• Must have good English reading, writing and speaking skills.
• Must have the ability to set-up and operate the various machinery and equipment in the Wet Process area.
• Must have adequate planning, delegation and coordinating skills.
• Must have good human relations skills in order to maintain good employee relations and good training skills.
• Must be certified in respirator usage.
• This position requires up to 6 months of work experience to become proficient in all phases of manufacturing operations including Prothrombin, Thromboplastin and Bulk Thrombin production.
• Lifts over 50 pounds at times (up to 4 times per day).
• Primarily walking, bending and standing plus some stooping and sitting activities are required.
• Must be able to climb ladders including tank ladders.
• Exposed to an industrial environment that may, at times, have some elements present to be disagreeable such as variations in ventilation and temperature control, vibrations, inadequate lighting, dirt or dust, noise, damp or wet conditions, fumes or odors. Works in a wet floor environment.
• Required safety equipment includes steel-toed safety shoes, face shield, respirator and 5-point harness (confined spaces), chemical protection suits, aprons, latex gloves, and dust mask.
• Must be attentive and verify process parameters (e.g. pressures and volumes) and conditions closely and frequently (every 10 minutes).
• Weekend work is required for this position and is scheduled on a rotating basis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Normal shift hours are 4:00am to 2:30pm or 6:00am to 4:30pm Monday thru Thursday with the possibility of limited overtime which may include Sunday.
EEO & Employment Eligibility (KING SITES ONLY)
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
This job is open only to Lawful Permanent Residents (as defined by 8 U.S.C. §1101(a)(20)), or Protected Individuals (as defined by 8 U.S.C. §1324b(a)(3), namely, U.S. Citizens, Refugees, and Asylees.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: October 27, 2017
This job is Pfizer/Non-exempt (US/PR) Grade: 05
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.