Pfizer Director/Team Leader, Launch Brands for North America Rare Diseases in New York, New York
Rare Disease North America, conceived as part of the category leadership construct, is a newly structured organization that generates nearly $1B annual in revenues. The focus of the group is to transform thousands of patients and families lives by working together collaboratively to create innovative programs that serve the patient community. This newly formed category has been developed to maximize the existing in-line portfolio in hemophilia, gaucher disease, TTR-FAP, acromegaly and other endocrine disorders while positioning Pfizer as a rare disease category leader with an exciting and promising pipeline, including gene therapy platform, sickle cell disease, and Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Pfizer works alongside the rare disease community with an unmatched passion for delivering life-changing medicines through scientific innovation. Embedded in our culture are three key principles:
Every Patient Counts
Every Colleague Counts
Every Decision Counts.
We cultivate a mindset built on collaboration, accountability and integrity. Questioning the status quo in order to further help patients is not only encouraged, but expected. The Pfizer Rare Disease team has the aspiration to be the premier rare disease organization by bringing global reach, resources and expertise of the world's largest biopharmaceutical company to make a difference for rare disease patients and their families.
The Launch Brands Team Leader will report to the VP, Commercial Lead for Rare Diseases North America and will lead a team responsible for developing and driving portfolio brand strategies and building capabilities for our Rare Disease launch brands for the US. In the near term, they will be the leader for the fast approaching Vyndaqel launch and will be responsible for all launch readiness efforts. This leader will work in close partnership with sales leadership, other marketing leaders, as well as cross functional colleagues to effectively develop and pull-through portfolio strategies and marketing initiatives. This role is directly accountable for building launch capabilities supporting a portfolio of multi-billion dollar pipeline assets which are expected to deliver 5 launches in the next 5 years for our Rare Diseases US Business.
This role will be responsible for:
• Manage and develop a diverse team of marketing colleagues - team size will be 3 including a mix of Directors and Sr. Managers
• Lead the brand launch strategy and launch team for Vyndaqel and oversee the execution of these strategies spanning HCPs, patients, digital, payers and vested stakeholders
• Create and innovate novel approaches tailored for the highly targeted, highly patient-centric approaches needed for success in Rare Diseases
• Build launch capability for North America Rare Disease Commercial Group that can be deployed for all future launches; Creates an environment of learning and continuous improvement
• Develop relationships with influencers/KOLs to further customer experience knowledge
• Segment the customer audience into meaningfully different groups (based on distinct behaviors, environment or motivations) to enable the delivery of value propositions and services which meet their distinct needs for launch brands.
• Lead the annual operating plan development for near term US launches
• Partner effectively with Medical, Regulatory, Legal and Global Marketing and Commercial Development
• Lead team in development and execution of HCP, consumer, and digital platforms
• Direct, monitor and evaluate business intelligence to gather insights, understand and prioritize market trends
• Operate as a fully integrated business partner on the launch teams
• Accountable for working with Canada Marketing team to share learnings and create efficiencies for our launch brands across North America
• BS Degree Required, MBA or other advanced degree highly desirable
• At least 15 years of pharmaceutical industry commercial experience required with specific experience in strategic marketing including brand leader, commercial development, business development or equivalent level of expertise. Prior business consulting as well as field sales leadership experience highly desired. Experience in Rare Diseases is desirable but not required. Significant demonstrated experience in launching multiple brands is required.
• At least 5 years of experience in leadership roles managing colleagues at multiple levels in the organization.
• US Sales and marketing experience preferred; launch experience a significant plus
• Robust experience working with a broad mix of customers and brands
• Proven track record of quickly identifying business needs and extracting key insight
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams and implement strategies through influence, persuasion,
analysis, negotiation, and facilitation capabilities.
• Highly collaborative, extensive track record of building and nurturing productive networks and
• High-energy, self-starter who has the initiative to function autonomously
• Sharp attention to detail and confidence to produce flawless deliverables for senior
• Strong project management skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
and manage against a work plan
• Strong collaborative leadership and internal stakeholder management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including poise and maturity to gain
credibility with senior leaders
• Demonstrated analytical skills, decision-making and judgment capability
• Ability to bring strategy and analysis to a tactical, executable level; results-oriented
• Keen understanding of the US healthcare marketplace and the trends and issues that will have a
direct impact on the US Pharmaceutical industry over the near and long term.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Sunshine Act Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider ' s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Last Date to apply for Job: July 24th
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.