Pfizer Finance Manager in New York, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position reports directly to the FP&;A lead for Enabling Finance (Finance for the Corporate Functions - BT, Facilities, Legal, Finance, HR, etc.). This is a key role for the overall financial reporting and consolidation efforts for all of the Corporate Functions. The candidate will develop strategies, provide management reporting and financial operations support to ensure the business meets or exceeds its financial targets and utilizes its resources in the most efficient manner possible. The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the consolidation of a combined expense budget of approximately $4B.
The role demands an individual who is capable of driving efficiency through continuous improvement of process and procedure while working in a complex, global, matrixed environment and managing competing deadlines and priorities. Candidates should be able to interact with all levels of management to ensure the business meets all financial and operational targets. Ideally, they should have a basic understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and external environment. The role requires an individual who is capable of identifying opportunities to do things better.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide financial support
• Have a core FP&;A foundation
• Identify solutions and assist with strategy development
• Develop good relationships with clients and other finance partners
• Find efficiencies through continuous improvement teams
• Provides business partner and financial support to Enabling clients, including FP&;A activities such as month-end close, providing oversight on transactional finance processes executed by GFS partners and assisting with budgeting and forecasting.
• Prepare and ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the month-end close, monthly reports, accruals, balance sheet reviews, forecasts and annual budget/operating plan preparation.
• Monitor, track and proactively report business performance, identifying issues, opportunities and challenges. Candidates should be able to propose solutions once identified.
• Interact with key business leaders/stakeholders to communicate financial performance and solutions. In order to do this, colleagues must understand the operational and financial impact of business decisions and be able to perform options analysis in order to differentiate between investment alternatives
• Ensure an effective control environment, compliance with GAAP and corporate policies and provide support for regular internal and external audits
• Drive and cultivate collaborative relationships with the client and other finance partners to facilitate an understanding of key business drivers.
• Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity for improvement in process, and implementing methodologies that drive positive change. Lead change initiatives within the team and foster a culture of continuous improvement
• Serve as a subject matter expert for financial reporting as well as the underlying technology which automates the financial process.
Other Responsibilities could include:
• Challenging existing processes and defining new and more efficient solutions
• Supporting the financial integration of acquired businesses, as applicable
• Learn how to supervise cross functional teams - financial due diligence of Project Investment decisions, and their budget execution
• Strong process and project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA or CPA preferred
• 6-10 Years' Experience (accounting and business finance - FP&;A, financial modeling, template creation, etc.)
• 0 - 2 years of previous experience as a business partner
• 0 - 2 years prior management experience
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, and identify areas of opportunity for positive change
• Developing business operations / acumen - learning how the business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business; working to develop an understanding of the financial implications of operational decisions
• Industry and market knowledge - learning the external environment in which the business operates (i.e. our competitors, emerging trends, products, threats and opportunities)
• Learning how to define an investment opportunity, analyze alternatives, and present a final recommendation supported by financial metrics and operational necessity independently.
• Continuous improvement mindset - strong project management skills
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Good understanding of information technology as it relates to financial reporting
• Strong excel, access and powerpoint capabilities
• Knowledge of SAP, SAP BI, HFM, Essbase and Business Objects strongly preferred
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.