Pfizer Finance Manager in New York, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
The Finance Manager will provide Financial Operations support to global organizations within Business Technology (BT). This includes supporting the month-end-close, budgeting, forecasting, actual spend reporting, fixed asset management, business case review, and day-to-day accuracy of financial records. The role requires an individual who is capable of driving efficiency through continuous improvement of operational and financial process, while working in a complex, matrix environment and managing competing priorities. The scope includes financial support of an operating expense and capital budget and requires the ability to interact with all levels of the client/finance organization and assist in driving the delivery of the financial targets of the business.
• Provides business partner and financial support to ELT-1, ELT-2, ELT-3 or ELT-4 clients, including FP&;A activities such as month-end close, providing oversight on transactional finance processes executed by GFS partners and assisting with budgeting and forecasting.
• Prepare and ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the month-end close, monthly reports, accruals, balance sheet reviews, forecasts and annual budget/operating plan preparation.
• Monitor, track and proactively report business performance, identifying issues, opportunities and challenges. Candidates should be able to propose solutions once identified.
• Interact with key business leaders/stakeholders to communicate financial performance and solutions. In order to do this, colleagues must understand the operational and financial impact of business decisions and be able to perform options analysis in order to differentiate between investment alternatives
• More demonstrated leadership and management through others either through project work or through direct reports.
• Ensure an effective control environment, compliance with GAAP and corporate policies and provide support for regular internal and external audits
• Drive and cultivate collaborative relationships with the client and other finance partners to facilitate an understanding of key business drivers.
• Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity for improvement in process, and implementing methodologies that drive positive change. Lead change initiatives within the team and foster a culture of continuous improvement
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA or CPA preferred
• 7 -10 years of experience (accounting and business finance - FP&;A, financial modeling, template creation, etc)
• 1 - 2 years of previous experience as a business partner
• Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
• Specific expertise in accounting and Business Finance such as budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and planning &; analysis + solid understanding of the Pharmaceutical business and good commercial sense
• Strong organizational skills, capacity to quickly identify problems and structure solutions, and to plan and prioritize work on multiple projects, while maintaining high quality and meeting or exceeding deadlines
• Ability to "tell a story" with financial information where the key messages are communicated, analyzed, and understood by the client.
• Experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions; the ability to write effective and accurate communications for audiences up to the leadership team level, and to orally present/communicate coherently at the client/finance leadership team level.
• Experience successfully leading projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
• Ability to challenge assumptions and engage in active, respectful conversations with colleagues and management regarding possible improvements and changes to the status quo.
• Proven ability to work across organizations and regions, influencing change and delivering results.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional Travel to Regional sites (New York, Groton, CT and Collegeville PA) may be requiredA career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.