Pfizer Genitourinary Oncology Field Medical Director in New York, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
The Genitourinary (GU) Oncology Field Medical Director (Onc FMD) is a field based medical colleague responsible for providing medical support in the South Central territory focusing on the inline and peri-launch GU oncology portfolio. The territory includes the state of Texas. The Onc FMD role is to enhance medical communication between Pfizer and national, regional and local health care providers to support the safe and appropriate use of Pfizer Oncology medicines. The Onc FMD will, primarily, be responsible for providing information on Pfizer's oncology products as well as specific disease state and MOA information to oncologists and other HCPs in academic medical centers, integrated health systems and large group community practices. The Onc FMD will work with medical leaders in the region including academicians, clinical physicians and medical directors. The Onc FMD will respond to medical questions regarding Pfizer Oncology medicines; and may be involved in presentations to payers, managed care organizations, formulary decision makers and regional medical advisory boards in accordance with the US Oncology medical strategy established by Medical Engagement and Medical Affairs leads. The Onc FMD will also facilitate communication between regional medical leaders and headquarters Medical Affairs colleagues and contribute to the development of brand medical strategies as appropriate. The Onc FMD will facilitate both Pfizer sponsored and investigator initiated research activities in their regions, as determined by the HQ Medical teams and in accordance with guidance.
• The OncFMD will, primarily, be responsible for providing medical and scientific information on Pfizer's Oncology GU products to oncologists, urologists and other healthcare professionals supporting patient care as determined by Pfizer US Oncology leadership in Medical Engagement and Medical Affairs.
• Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in oncology by continuously reviewing literature in the field, monitoring competitor activities, networking with experts and attending conferences.
• Maintain effective and appropriate communication and collaboration among headquarters medical colleagues, medical information and other Pfizer Oncology colleagues. Serves as oncology leads for the field team as assigned by Medical Engagement leadership.
• Serve on medical and/or disease area and asset cross-functional committees, as appropriate.
• Appropriately support and partner with local sales and account management teams
• Ensure compliance with all internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations
• Serve as a conduit and resource for customer insights pertaining to disease areas and Pfizer assets.
• Serve as conduit and medical resource to oncologists, urologists, and other HCPs and researchers, as appropriate.
• Support creation of innovative resources, tools, and/or opportunities for the entire Oncology FMD, Medical Affairs, or across the enterprise to advance the role with HCPs
• Participate in corporate or enterprise-wide working groups and contributes to the medical planning for oncology strategy, projects, activities, and work with FMD leadership and Sr. medical affairs leadership to develop and implement the FMD team medical plan oncology products and initiatives
• Support OncFMD focused topics on Product Launch Teams, Operating Planning Teams; contribute to the US Medical strategic planning by serving on corporate or enterprise-wide medical and/or disease area and asset cross-functional committees, as appropriate.
• Support corporate or enterprise-wide working groups and contributes to medical planning and strategy applied across the FMD or Medical Affairs enterprise.
PharmD or PhD with 7 or more years of relevant experience following the last stage of training, including 2 or more years of experience in clinical and/or health services research (preferably in the pharmaceutical industry). Experience in oncology is highly desirable
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Excellent and demonstrated interpersonal skills: ability to understand and respond to multiple external and internal customers' demands, manage and handle conflict constructively required.
• Demonstrated ability to :
Manage a significant volume of projects developed in a field-based environment, while exhibiting the ability to prioritize, provide oversight, demonstrate excellent judgmental skills and work in a continuous improvement environment.
Work within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary team to foster strong Pfizer/customer professional relationships and which support Pfizer business objectives.
Effectively manage through and lead change in an ever-changing and evolving external health care environment.
Flexible to new opportunities (e.g. new therapeutic areas) and adaptable to organizational change.
Ability to problem-solve and network throughout the organization to identify solutions.
Collaborate effectively and demonstrate leadership and teamwork with peers, internal stakeholders and external customers that inspires alignment and partnership on a shared vision or strategy.
Be a self-starter, be accountable and have a sense of urgency in delivering results that have medical impact.
Maintain self-awareness and continually choose behaviors and responses based on how it impacts one's own and others' performance and engagement.
• Demonstrated clinical, scientific and technical skills.
• Familiarity with internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations regarding Pfizer/customer interactions and relationships, etc.
• Flexibility to travel 60-80% of time.
• Ability to operate a Pfizer company car
• Ability to sit for extended durations while driving, flying or working from home office
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to regularly fly on airplanes (ie. attend HCP/customer meetings; attend NYHQ meetings, etc.) required; proximity to airline 'hub' city); Flexibility to travel up to 60-80% of time
• Ability to drive to long distances of 1-6 hrs (i.e. attend HCP/customer meetings) required
• Ability to work on weekends occasionally (ie. attend advisory boards and congress meetings)A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.