Pfizer Medical Director Dermatology in New York, New York
The Medical Director Dermatology, Global Medical Affairs, PIH Business Unit, is an integral member of the Global Medical Affairs Inflammation
and Immunology team. The Director combines medical expertise and understanding of the patients' and physicians' point of view with that of the Disease Area and the specific medicine(s). He/she is part of a working environment where colleagues always understand and exhibit customer and patient-focused medical professionalism with honor and integrity. The Medical Director reports to the Global Therapeutic Area Team Leader Dermatology and will develop strong relationships with cross functional teams related to crisaborole and other
products in the group in order to develop asset strategies and tactics and drive alignment.
• Applies clinical judgment and advice based on Medical training
• Proactively bring patients' & physicians' voice to development efforts and clinical trial protocol designs on cross-functional teams, to provide medicines meeting their needs, while considering the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
• Serve as a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, current medical and scientific knowledge (e.g. disease states, product data, statistics interpretation, etc), including competitive medicines, for internal and external stakeholders and customers
• Objectively interpret clinical trial and other scientific data as well as commercial information to deliver value added education and strategic input into to assigned teams.
• Analyze scientific research and clinical trial results, then understand and effectively communicate scientific knowledge to serve as a translator between technical and commercial functions as well as ensuring appropriate data dissemination. Drive the transfer and appropriate application of clinical knowledge, ideas, and needs.
• Focus on patient and physician concerns, as it applies to clinical and real world data trial design, data, disease area,
and subsequent data dissemination. Commits to excellence by continually learning and expanding his/her expertise.
• Develop medical content for global congresses, symposia, promotional speakers and advisory boards and lead or participate in such activities in full compliance with Pfizer policy.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of the benefit-risk of the medicine(s), taking into account new data, as it becomes available
• Ensure effective cross-functional alignment in customer facing activities and represent Pfizer externally in the respective specialty therapeutic area.
• Collaborate with Regional/Country Medical Affairs,
Marketing/Commercial Development team(s), research unit, and other appropriate cross-functional teams in driving strategic direction from proof of concept through patent expiry for medical development, lifecycle plans, and regional/country plans for the medicine or/and therapeutic area. Develop and strengthen partnerships among key
• Contribute to the planning and timely, high quality execution of medical tactics to support the regions, country(ies), and lifecycle plans.
• Lead working groups in a professional, inclusive manner encouraging open discussion as related to assigned activities and specific roles, while demonstrating respect for people.
• Proactively collaborate in the development and review of global promotional materials including participation in global review committee to ensure medical and scientific information are included in a medically appropriate context. Partner with legal and regulatory
colleagues to ensure compliant and accurate content. Ensure high quality medical content of all promotional activities.
• Partner with important external medical and scientific leaders in collaboration with field based medical colleagues and regional/country colleagues.
• Participate in or lead publications subcommittee to plan and implement appropriate publication strategy and tactics, driving data dissemination, in accordance with Pfizer policies.
• Proactively identify and address potential medical issues and ensure implementation of risk-management strategies in collaboration with team partners.
• Proactively assess safety and regulatory aspects of the medicine with partners in these functional lines, including participation in safety and labeling working groups and
potential interactions with the regulatory agency (ies) related to both promotional activities and labeling.
• Participate as appropriate in the medical/scientific assessment of potential business development activities, through analysis of scientific and clinical trial data, and pre-proof of concept compounds within Pfizer Research.
• MD required
• Minimum of 5 years medical affairs experience and/or clinical experience required, preferably in dermatology
• Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance and producing outstanding results
• Capable of analyzing, comprehending and communicating a large amount of scientific information in a clear, concise manner
• An ability to be flexible and innovative
• International experience a plus
• Ability to work successfully with cross-functional colleagues in a matrix team setting
• Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent communication skills required
• Standard lifting, sitting, standing, walking, and bending.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to travel approximately 20-30% of time, including international travel.
Relocation Package Available
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Additional Location Information : Primary Location is New York, NY. Consideration given to Collegeville, PA
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.