Pfizer Medical Director Women s Oncology, MD in New York, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Provide strategic contribution on behalf of Asset Medical Affairs team with focus on women's health including breast and ovarian cancer.
• Collaborates with Brand partners in developing product strategy and ensures consistency of approach and quality deliverables.
• Creates evidence generation blueprint for lifecycle of Asset using innovative and novel approaches to capitalize on real world data, phase IV and non-interventional studies with input from cross functional colleagues
As an integrated member of the Brand Teams, ensures that medical plans supporting the Asset and the Business are successfully developed and executed to achieve short and long-term objectives.
• Brand Plan Development: Develop strategies and tactics to support US Medical Asset needs and ensure their delivery.
Provide medical input into lifecycle plans and global medical strategies and tactics ensuring regional medical needs are met.
Customer Insight Planning: Develop, plan, and implement Customer Insight Plans including:
o Advisory Boards to gather expert guidance to advise medical planning. Provide regional input into global Advisory Board planning, support implementation and presentations (as needed).
o Brand Expert Panels seeking guidance on product positioning and related issues.
o Partner cross-functionally within medical to ensure aligned KOLs activities to gather feedback and input into strategy development and execution.
o Develop strategies and manage Investigator-Initiated Research program, Collaborative studies and any Independent Grants program. Provide scientific oversight and approval for funding in alignment with US Medical Business Plan strategies.
o Develop, advocate for and execute Phase IV lifecycle clinical trial strategies and concepts to support regional medical business needs.
• Fellowships/Sponsorships: Provide medical guidance and recommendations for Fellowships/Sponsorships.
• Independent Grants and Learning: contribute to the strategy for CME and Lead the MA strategic review for grants.
• Promotional Materials Development and Review:
o Provide best practices medical insight for concept development and use of evidence.
o Review of promotional and sales training materials.
o Partner with legal, regulatory and marketing colleagues to ensure compliant, accurate and high quality content of all promotional and sales training materials.
• Sales Training: Support POAs and Sales training needs through partnership in developing materials and provide expert medical presentations and education. Support development of training modules.
• Publication Subcommittee (PSC) Membership:
o Collaborate with MA colleagues and Global teams and to support development of a strategic global and regional publication plans.
o Participate in data analysis efforts, and lead or participate in manuscript, abstract, and poster development.
• Regulatory Support: Provide regional medical contributions, support and guidance for label updates and responses to regulatory requests.
• Safety Support: Provide regional medical support, analysis, guidance for safety updates, issues pertaining to regional business.
• Field Based Medical Partnership: Partner with Field Based Medical to ensure development of operational plans, provide product insight and education, and partner in external interactions.
• Medical Information (MI) Partnership: Partner with MI colleagues to provide expert input into Medical Letters and ensure updates as needed.
• HEOR Partnerships: Partner with HEOR colleagues to develop strategies and design and execute research to support regional evidence needs.
• Customer Facing Partnerships:
o Partner with expert thought leaders and societies to support regional Medical business goals, including manuscript generation, research partnerships, fellowships, expert guidance, and competitive insight.
• MD or PhD required (MD with Oncology background preferred).
• 3+ years Medical Affairs experience preferred.
• Expertise in Women's health preferred.
• Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of Strategic contributions and impact.
• Strong strategic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and addressing opportunities.
• Strong strategic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and addressing challenges.
• Capable of comprehending and communicating in a clear, concise manner a large amount of scientific information.
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness and excellent verbal communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships.
Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively influence without authority in a matrix organization.
Sitting, standing, working at computer for extended periods of time.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Travel up to 10%, occasionally on weekends.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.