Pfizer US Medical Affairs Lead (MD) Sterile Injectables & Biosimilars in New York, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The US Medical Lead - Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars reports to the Vice President, Medical Affairs Lead, North America, Pfizer Essential Health (PEH) and collaborates closely with the SI and Biosimilars commercial General Managers. S/he leads a Medical Affairs team responsible for the Therapy Area (TA) strategy and planning in partnership with the Global Medical Affairs Leads, Clinical Affairs, GMPE, Commercial and Platform functions. S/he is accountable for delivery of the asset plans and for all knowledge generating activities on the disease area assets - including medical lifecycle planning and execution.
The US Medical Lead - Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars is accountable for building relationships and demonstrates the clinical outcome and benefits of Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars to thought leaders (relevant regulatory agencies, managed care organizations, medical groups, government agencies, and health systems with drug formularies).
The US Medical Lead - Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars is the single point of accountability for medical for the product portfolio. S/he will be expected to represent North America Medical Affairs on issues relating to assets within the portfolio at the highest levels of the organization. The Asset (Product) Medical Leads for the portfolio will report to the Medical Therapy Area Lead. The US Medical Lead - Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars will be responsible for managing high performing asset teams ensuring that all processes &; activities are fully aligned with local, regional and PEH business priorities, strategies and needs, as well as, in compliance with corporate policies &; guidelines.
The US Medical Lead - Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars will have the responsibility to develop the pipeline for Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars.
The US Medical Lead - Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars is a member of the US Medical Affairs Leadership Team and will work closely with the team to ensure functional excellence. Strong teamwork and the ability to work effectively in a matrix environment are essential to the success of the role. Ability to travel extensively across the regions is a requirement.
This position is located in our NYHQ. Relocation provided.
• Lead the US Medical Team of physicians and scientific professionals medically responsible for the Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars businesses in the US with a portfolio of approximately 300 products with over $4 billion revenue across all therapeutic areas.
• Develop and drive medical and business strategy along with Commercial Senior leadership, as the medical member of the Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars Products Leadership Teams, chaired by the respective General Managers and lead strategic planning process.
• Establish promotional policy and arbitrate product level review committee issues in conjunction with Senior Regulatory, Legal and Commercial leadership.
• Provide governance and strategy of medical activities as member of the North America Medical Affairs Leadership Team.
• Direct the operational execution of strategic objectives.
• Supervise the teams in leading the technical and scientific evaluation of Licensing and Acquisition and Business Development candidates and product enhancements in close collaboration with NA Commercial Development.
• Influence Senior Safety, Regulatory and Legal leadership actions involving Agency requests, labeling decisions, safety concerns, risk/benefit analyses and external communications.
• Review and approve FDA submissions.
• Provide guidance, coaching and supervision to team members regarding use, review and approval of promotional materials, health hazard assessments for product quality issues, clinical development activities, labeling issues and FDA interactions.
• Determine leadership and staffing of the Sterile Injectables (SI) and Biosimilars.
• Lead team and individual colleague development and talent assessment and planning.
• Oversee team finances and manage operational and administrative budgets.
• Approve Lifecycle Plan initiatives.
• Monitor global trends to identify opportunities for the assets.
• Accountable for setting team goals in partnership with Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Commercial and Platform functions.
• Coordinate KOL interactions and activities across TAs.
• Provide oversight of medical and scientific activities of the Team (up to 7 colleagues based across the US).
• Ensure alignment and resolve issues across TAs.
• Creates and leads a motivated, committed, and engaged team. Models, expects, and ensures effective team behavior to achieve the goals.
• Manages interdivisional interfaces across TAs and Products including Safety, Regulatory, other BU's, commercial, and manufacturing as appropriate.
• Embeds medical professionalism and enhances the formation of a medical community across PEH.
• Responsible for the quality and compliance of the team.
• Travel within the United States is expected to be approximately 20-25%.
• MD in related fields is required
• A minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical industry experience; Oncology experience preferred
• At least 5 years people management experience
• Medical and/or Clinical strategy experience with significant operational pharma experience in Medical Affairs, Clinical Development and/or Regulatory Affairs
• Experience in leading teams across Therapeutic Areas
• Experience in recruiting, developing and motivating a high-performing team of individuals
• Track record of collaborating with and influencing cross-functional Senior Leadership
• Demonstrated expertise in oversight of medical affairs programs in late phase development or post approval in the pharmaceutical industry
• Industry expertise in the relevant disease areas; Oncology preferred
• Expertise in the disease areas of relevance to the business with an established KOL network
• Successfully initiated and executed a major post approval medical program
• Successfully interacted with regulatory agencies regarding indication and/or labeling issues
• Significant cross-functional leadership/management experience
• Demonstrated excellence in leadership behavior
• Demonstrated experience in successfully leading teams: running them effectively, efficiently, and on target
• Capable of recognizing when team interventions are required to enhance team effectiveness and utilizing a variety of management and influencing techniques to ensure delivery of the program
• Knowledgeable of the commercial and environmental issues that drive asset success
• Experienced in managing projects to completion including management of people and budgets (with demonstrated fiscal responsibility)
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel within the United States is expected to be approximately 20-25% of working time.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: August 3, 2017
Additional Location Information: New York, NY HQ
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusA career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.