Pfizer Vice President, Real World Data & Analytics in New York, New York
The primary responsibility of the Vice President, Real World Data &; Analytics (RWDnA), is to provide leadership across the Pfizer enterprise to 1) develop and execute an enterprise strategy on the acquisition and use of real world data by the organization, 2) optimally leverage Real World Data throughout discovery, development, and commercialization, 3) externally promote Pfizer leadership in this area with external thought-leaders, 4) build and develop an industry-leading team and 5) participate in the capability development of the broader Patient &; Health Impact (PHI) organization as a member of the COE Leadership Team. The Vice President provides leadership for strategic enterprise initiatives to advance Pfizer capabilities and external partnership opportunities as a member of the Innovation Operating Council (IOC) and through close coordination with other key stakeholders across the enterprise that have responsibility for data analytics.
• Report to the Vice President, Center of Excellence, Patient &; Health Impact (PHI)
• Develop and execute an enterprise strategy for real world data, engage others in that vision and collaborate with other Pfizer partners to operationalize
• Ensure the RWDnA team is positioned to support the needs of the various stakeholders and that their work is optimally aligned to deliver defined value toward targeted business strategies, consistent with the objectives of PHI, the IOC, and Pfizer.
• Provide leadership for innovative advances in Pfizer capabilities in data management and analysis by educating stakeholders about the uses, applications, benefits and value of Real World Data
• Develop the members of the Real World Data &; Analytic team ensuring they have the necessary skills, capabilities and experiences to deliver industry-leading analyses and insights
• Ensure optimal engagement and related processes to ensure ease of collaboration between RWDnA, the PHI organization and other stakeholders
• Participate as a member of the COE Leadership team in building and developing capabilities across the PHI organization and other projects as requested.
• Development and ongoing revision of strategic plan for RWDnA as well as annual operating plans
• Provide leadership on strategic issues related to identification, acquisition, storage, and analysis of real world data working closely with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
• Create a culture of collaboration and cross-fertilization across different organizations within Pfizer that leverage and analyze real world data
• Supervise the conduct of rapid cycle analyses
• Drive external recognition of Pfizer as both a leader and as a partner-of-choice for RWDnA activities
• Advanced degree in healthcare, business or information technology (PH.D, MD or Pharm D)
• Minimum of 10-15 years' experience in managing and working with large volumes of real world data
• Experience within a pharmaceutical company or equivalent organization involved in the research and development of healthcare technologies and/or delivery solutions may be helpful, but is not required
• Experience with strategic and operating planning processes
• Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical commercial activities, research and development
• Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of both leadership and team-working in a matrix environment
• Proven ability to lead teams, build coalitions and develop strong partnerships across functions
• Executive presence and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Outstanding writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work under pressure, to take accountability for business challenges, think strategically and tackle complex problems
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to spot trends/ patterns
• Strong customer-orientation; an ability to see issues from the point of view of others
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: July 26, 2017
Additional Location Information : New York, NY HQ
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.