Pfizer Senior Director, Global Technology Services in Peapack, New Jersey
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The individual will lead the Small Molecule Technical Project Leadership (SMTPL) team in Global Technology Services (GTS) responsible for Innovative Health products. This team is responsible for developing and leading technical product strategies and complex projects across GTS to meet the needs of the small molecule products in the Innovative Health portfolio. The scope includes the full lifecycle (new product co-development through end of commercial phase) and all technologies (API/Analytical/Drug Product). The team manages both internally and externally developed products, and the alliance relationships for the externally partnered products.
• Develop PGS Co-Dev Leaders for Innovative Health new products delivering Quality Target Product Profiles (QTPP), Co-Dev Plans (CDP), Launch Readiness Plans, Process Understand Plans (PUP), key project milestones, knowledge management strategies and lessons learned
• Participates on the Portfolio Delivery Team, ensuring PGS considerations are reflected in project plans, and business practice improvements.
• Represent PGS on external alliances with products in co-development
• Develops sourcing strategies for Innovative Health products
• Develop Technology Team Leaders for marketed products delivering technology plans to PGS Product teams led by PPLs
• Lead product strategy development with PPLs for Innovative Health products
• Communicate to PGS and BU stakeholders on Innovative Health product technical activity
• Align activities across GTS in support of Innovative Health products
• Manages input for Innovative Health products into the PGS BSC new product milestone metric
• Manages input to the GTS prioritization tool for the Innovative Health projects and activity
• Lead the Co-Development Forum for PGS
• Work with other GTS functions on a global basis to share good practices and demonstrate mutual accountability for the success of GTS
• Collaborate to identify and implement improvements in the business practices across PGS and Med Sci
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers, regulators and other stakeholders
• Develop and maintain an effective organization through effective selection, training, leadership and management
• Create, establish and maintain an environment that encourages teamwork and commitment at the site and to the business
Bachelor degree in chemistry, engineering, or a related technical discipline. A graduate degree is preferred. At least 15 years' experience with 10 years directly related experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing including, including experience working on cross functional teams for developing new or marketed products.
Demonstrated record of achievement with respect to the GTS and PGS value proposition (Supply, Quality and Cost) especially in the area of bringing new products to market to improve the lives of patients. Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities; a commitment to mutual accountability. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to understand and utilize technical information to analyze and make good decisions in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and achieve significant, complex goals and objectives. Demonstrated aptitude and attitude to get immersed in the resolution of technical challenges and technical advancements.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Requires some travel, estimated at up to 20%.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.