Pfizer Principal Scientist, Oncology In Vivo Pharmacology in Pearl River, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
A Principal Scientist position requiring a Ph.D. degree for a passionate, highly enthusiastic scientist with a strong work ethic is immediately available. The candidate requires a strong background in pre-clinical mouse models, tumor immunology and immunotherapy to join the Pearl River (PR) In Vivo Pharmacology team within the Oncology R&;D Unit. The successful candidate will interact with project teams to conceptualize, initialize, execute, supervise and manage in vivo studies. The candidate will have the opportunity to implement novel tumor targeting strategies with an emphasis on in vivo biology. The candidate will have an opportunity to establish or optimize animal models required to provide pre-clinical support during the development of immune-therapeutics including humanize mice, adoptive transfer models, and ex vivo organoid models derived from the Pfizer PDX collection. The candidate will have a proven track record of scientific rigor as evidenced by publications in prominent journals, management of a team of scientists, and interdisciplinary collaboration. The candidate with uphold Pfizer values and work with the IACUC to uphold all regulations involving animal welfare. The candidate will work in a highly matrixed environment within the in vivo group, amongst the project teams requiring in vivo support, with partner lines including drug safety, pharmacokinetics, and across sites with the other in vivo teams of the ORD.
• Contribute to the design and support of in vivo experiments approved by the PR In vivo committee to provide pre-clinical support for immune-therapies in the Pfizer pipeline.
• Improve and develop pre-clinical models to support the development of novel immune-therapeutics (single agent and combination therapies), driving the science and execution.
• As manager of the In Vivo Immunotherapy Team, demonstrate a high level of initiative to oversee, troubleshoot and accurately perform data analysis on in vivo studies supported by the team. Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment on multiple project simultaneously. Provide strategic vision and contribute to the culture of the group
• Effectively collaborate with members of the Oncology group within TTD and OTD and all supporting partner lines.
• Responsible for providing in vivo progress review and future plans as an integral member of project teams. Prepare technical reports to support project reviews, publications, and IND submissions. Present data at internal and external meetings, first author or significant contributions to publications.
• Uphold Pfizer values and become a member of the PR IACUC and work with the IACUC to uphold all regulations involving animal welfare.
• Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology with solid background in tumor immunology. Postdoctoral experience required (4-8 years) and pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
• Strong research experience with in vivo mouse tumor models is required (PDX, syngeneic, GeMMs), pre-clinical antibody and immunotherapy treatments, along with cell culture, live animal imaging and flow cytometry experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and highly motivated and organized in terms of setting, implementing and achieving goals for self and team.
No allergies to animals that restrict working within the vivarium.
May require weekend and holiday as dictated by animal study requirements.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.