Pfizer Principal Scientist, Polymeric Nanoparticle Formulation in Pearl River, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
• Major responsibilities will include polymer synthesis and nanomaterials, nano formulation preparation and characterization of polymeric nanoparticle formulations of small molecule-based as well as biologic therapeutics and lead the development and optimization of new and existing assays.
• Design and execute experiments independently to evaluate the preclinical characteristics of nanoparticle drugs.
• Effectively collaborate with other members of Oncology R&;D department and supporting partner lines.
• Present findings to project teams and governance bodies, prepare technical reports, and contribute to regulatory filings.
• Position requires no direct management of personnel
A Principal Scientist position is available for a highly motivated and creative candidate to work on polymeric nanoparticle-based drug delivery systems for oncology drug delivery. This is a scientific leadership role within Formulation, Analytics, and Conjugation and he/she will be responsible for polymer synthesis and analytical aspect of polymers, design of nano formulations and characterization of nano delivery products. This position will require management of all aspects of polymeric nanoparticle formulation including concept, planning, production, tracking, recording, and data analysis. The successful applicant will have extensive experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. Broad knowledge and hands-on experience in polymer and nanomaterial synthesis, analytical assay development for those raw materials is "must". Experience working with polymeric micelles, nanoemulsions, dendrimers, liposomes, and nanocomplexes for parenteral delivery is highly desirable. In addition, the person is expected to be a key contributor with the project team(s). Candidates must have a strong foundation in chemistry, polymer chemistry, materials science / engineering with a record of achieving technology development and research goals on aggressive timelines through effective collaboration with all stakeholders. Experience integrating materials characterization, pre-clinical formulation work, toxicology and clinical feedback into robust nano formulation is essential. He/she will manage their own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for own projects (timelines, work plans, deliverables).
• PhD degree with 4-7 years' experience or MS degree with 10+ years' experience
• Ph.D. in chemistry, polymer chemistry, material science, chemical engineering, nanotechnology or closely related discipline
• Previous industrial experience with monomer, polymer and nanomaterial synthesis in inert atmosphere and polymer characterization (GPC, NMR, HPLC, TGA, IV and DSC), nanoparticle formulations with strong technical proficiency of analytical instrumentation (DLS and HPLC) is highly preferred.
• Applicant should be bright, organized, self-motivated and capable of working independently, and in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment.
• Candidate should have strong oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to group projects in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to perform and interpret experiments reliably and to advance projects aggressively towards defined goals is expected.
• General Lab work
-Eligible for relocation package
-Eligible for employee referral bonus
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.