Pfizer Principal Scientist, Targeted Immunotherapy in Pearl River, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated immunobiologist or cancer immunologist for a Principal Scientist role in the Targeted Immunotherapy group within the Targeted Therapeutics Discovery (TTD) department in Pfizer's Oncology Research Unit, located in Pearl River, NY. The successful applicant will:
Manage all aspects of the discovery, validation and preclinical development of bispecifics and/or other proprietary modalities for immune cell retargeting. Experience investigating mechanisms regulating T cell mediated immune responses and resistance mechanisms to redirected T cell therapies or immunotherapies is a significant plus.
Have opportunities to establish their own immune cell retargeting research project and he/she is expected to collaborate with other program leaders and partner lines.
Desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role and will demonstrate a proven track record of scientific productivity as evidenced by first author publications in prominent journals.
Demonstrate his/her ability to participate in a highly matrixed and innovative research environment.
Translate basic research findings into novel therapeutic strategies that support clinical drug development.
Have a leadership role and will be expected to participate in strategic discussions with department leadership.
Manage their own time to meet agreed targets, will develop plans for their own projects (timelines, work plans, deliverables) and will take a proactive role in their personal growth and scientific development.
The successful candidate will work closely with several colleagues within Targeted Immunotherapy on a daily basis. The development of strong relationships will be necessary with TTD In Vivo Pharm, Oncology Target Discovery group (OTD), BioMedicine Design, Drug Safety R&;D, South San Francisco Oncology Research Unit.
• Focused work in tumor and immune cell target identification/validation leading to innovative next generation biologics and modalities
• Utilize expertise to independently design, execute and analyze experiments using cellular and molecular immunological assays to investigate/uncover novel target biology and mechanisms-of-action relating to immune cell retargeting biologics
• Explore, develop and apply novel in vitro assay systems that are predictive of immune mechanisms of cancer in vivo
• Effectively collaborate with other members of the Oncology group and supporting collaborators and partner lines
• Prepare and present hypotheses, on-going progress, technical reports and future plans to project teams, governance bodies, and departmental/research unit/site/global level meetings within Pfizer
• Conduct research that leads to publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentation of data at internal and external meetings and conferences
• Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders, and continuous learning/improvement Education and Experience:
• Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology or a related field with 4+ years of experience working in the field of immunology or tumor immunology with associated publication record
• Robust understanding of innate and adaptive immune systems is required
• Strong biological and technical knowledge/experience with expertise in conventional immunological techniques is required
• Experience in T cell function/differentiation/signaling/regulation, phenotypic analysis of inhibitory and costimulatory targets and pathways and/or immune cell retargeting bispecifics is highly preferred
• Pro-active attitude to discover novel biology and potential new drugs for the treatment of cancer
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with capability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Highly organized in terms of independent goal setting and diligence in advancing projects towards those goals
Extended periods of standing and sitting typical of active laboratory focused research Principal Scientist role. Daily data analysis &; integration required on daily basis.
May manage 0-2 colleagues
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
No posting end date
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.