Pfizer Senior Scientist Tumor Immunologist in Pearl River, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
A Senior Scientist position requiring a Ph.D. degree is available for a highly motivated and creative candidate with a strong background in human dendritic cell biology, tumor immunology and immunotherapy to join the Targeted Therapeutics Discovery Group in the Oncology R&;D Unit. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to establish their own immuno-oncology research project and expected to collaborate with multiple immunotherapy program leaders. The ideal applicant will have extensive experience in investigating mechanisms that regulate anti-tumor immune responses by activation of innate immunity including Pattern Recognition Receptor (PRR) signaling or related pathways, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. The candidate will have a proven track record of scientific productivity as evidenced by first author publications in prominent journals and ability to participate in a highly matrixed and innovative research environment. The individual will have a leadership role that participates in strategic discussions, establishes external collaborations, mentors/manages other scientists and coordinates program activities. Candidate should be able to translate basic research findings into novel therapeutic strategies that support clinical drug development.
• Independently design and execute experiments using cellular and molecular
immunological assays to investigate target biology and therapeutic mechanisms of action.
• Focused work in tumor and immune cell target identification and validation.
• Ability to develop novel in vitro assay systems that are predictive of in vivo biology
• Demonstrate a high level of initiative in troubleshooting experiments and accurate data analysis.
• Effectively collaborate with other members of the Oncology group and supporting partner lines.
• Present hypothesis, on-going progress and future plan to project teams and governance bodies and prepare technical reports
• Conduct research that leads to publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentation of data at internal and external meetings and conferences.
• Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology or related field with postdoctoral or 0-3 years' industry experience plus a solid background in tumor immunology and/or biologic-based therapeutics. Experience in innate immunity and human DC biology will be preferred.
• Strong research experience with a focus on basic immunology techniques is required, including mammalian cell culture, FACS, immunofluorescence, ELISA, ELISPOT, cytokine and chemokine detection, molecular biology techniques and in vivo mouse tumor experience.
• Basic knowledge in antibody, immunotherapy and/or nanoparticle characterization.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and highly organized in terms of goal setting and achieving.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.