Pfizer Oncology Account Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The Oncology Account Specialist will have a variety of responsibilities, ranging from promoting Pfizer's product portfolio to health care providers and specialists, to educating members of the healthcare community regarding the appropriate use of Pfizer products, to calling on accounts and organized customers to help improve patients' experience with Pfizer products, as well as the overall quality of patient care delivered.
The OAS plays a critical role in increasing Pfizer's brand with high-value target customers by linking an insightful assessment of the account and/or business landscape with a strong understanding of Pfizer's products and resources.
• BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary
• Valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• Minimum of 4 years of previous Pharmaceutical Sales experience required
• Substantial experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
• A demonstrated track record of success and accomplishment with previous pharmaceutical sales experience.
• Exceptional aptitude for learning and ability to communicate technical and scientific product and disease management information to a wide range of customers
• Demonstrated high degree of business acumen
• Proficiency using complex sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to Pfizer's long range technology model in bringing relevant Pfizer information to market.
• 3-5 years of Oncology sales experience
Functional / Technical Skills can include:
• Promote broad portfolio of products (up to 9 total); Strong knowledge of disease states, therapeutic areas, and products
• Deep knowledge of applicable customers and markets (prescribers/HCPs/institutions/ organizations)
• Generate demand for Pfizer products in assigned accounts
• Strategic account selling and management skills. Develop comprehensive territory/account/customer plans to drive achievement of desired objectives.
• Maintain relationships throughout institutions
• Overcome obstacles to gain access to difficult to see health care providers and customers.
• Cultivate relationships with KOLs; build lasting relationships with top priority customers
• Assess needs of target physicians/accounts; Address needs with responsive approach, targeted skills, and appropriate resources
• Superior selling, technical and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and support customers throughout the selling process; excellent communication and interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and embrace new ways of working in a rapidly changing environment.
• Possess the ability to work in a matrix environment and to leverage multiple resources to meet customer needs and deliver results.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: October 20, 2017
Additional Location Information : Lancaster, PA
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.