Pfizer Medical Outcomes Specialist Portland, OR in Portland, Oregon
The Medical Outcomes Specialist (MOS) will develop long-term relationships with a wide variety of key healthcare stakeholders and customers to include Managed Care, Medical Groups, Integrated Delivery Systems, in order to demonstrate clinical and economic value of Pfizer's in-line medicines. These MOS activities are implemented to help inform formulary decision-making through medical presentations, pharmacoeconomic analyses, and outcomes evaluations. Additional customer collaborations are built with the goal of aligning with corporate medical priorities and the specific needs of the customer to advance the quality of patient care in areas of mutual interest, to identify provider and/or patient knowledge gaps, and areas for quality improvement interventions. They will develop and maintain an advanced perspective of the evolving clinical and healthcare landscape. The MOS will utilize advanced Health Information Technology (HIT) understanding to help assist customers in data analytics to address population health issues. The MOS will also provide Pfizer brand teams with customer and clinical insights to assist in informing Pfizer strategies on critical health issues and facilitate the development of customer-focused tools and medical communications to support patient access to quality medicines
Working with External Partners
• Provide objective and scientifically sound medical information regarding Pfizer's in-line portfolio and the diseases states they treat through use of pharmacoeconomic models, outcomes tools, educational programs, HOPEs (Health Outcomes Projects and Evaluations), Non-interventional Studies and collaborations.
• Appropriately prioritize the needs of the customer and of Pfizer to implement HOPEs, educational programs and other tools which identify the greatest opportunities for improving patient care and quality gaps and addressing population health management
• Integrate clinical, HIT, market and account dynamics to provide mutually beneficial customer-specific projects
• Develop strategic medical partnerships to improve patient outcomes
• Respond to unsolicited requests from customers regarding scientific interpretation of clinical information and pharmacoeconomic impact of product selection to further advance formulary decision making or patient outcomes through appropriate pharmaceutical care within the legal guidance of the MOS specialty
• Engage with key stakeholders and influencers within the market, such as Quality Improvement Organizations, Advocacy Groups, Coalitions and other medical/healthcare associations.
• Enhance customer recognition through collaborative projects, publications and healthcare awards.
Partnership with commercial leadership
• Contribute to medical insight and support for the development of customer plans that provide innovative and targeted solutions that advance the quality of patient care in regional markets
• Maintain a collaborative working relationship and communication with commercial and other colleagues to develop appropriate joint customer goals and individual strategies to meet medical needs with prioritized customers
Supporting Medical Affairs Integrated Medical Plan
• Maintain excellent working knowledge of disease area(s) and Pfizer products in order to provide context for functional and technical excellence in collaboration with other medical and commercial colleagues/groups within Pfizer as well as priority customers
• Ensure that customer insights are shared with relevant leadership to assist in informing future field based medical strategy
• Serve as members of Product Support Teams (PSTs) and Medical Advisory Teams (MATs) Health Trends and Channels Teams (HTACs)
• stakeholders to ensure appropriate tools are available and relevant to meet changing customer needs
• Manage resources strategically
• Contribute to an engaged and effective work environment
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for reporting activities, impacts and Unsolicited Medical Request (UMR) entries.
• Work within Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) guidelines
Training and Education
• Doctoral Level required, Pharmacy doctoral degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of work experience, pharmacy practice experience preferred
Prior Experience Preferred
• 5 years of HEOR experience - strong methodological skills (study design, data analysis and interpretation) in health services research
• Clinical, Formulary Management, and/or management experience
• Managed Care, Pharmaceutical Industry, and/or Quality Improvement experience
• Residency or Fellowship experience
• US Pharmacy Licensure or Other US Clinical Licensure
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to travel up to 30%, which includes overnight travel
• Required to attend all team meetings, regional meetings and national meetings as assigned
• Must have a valid US Driver's License
• Must meet and comply with all Corporate Travel and Fleet requirements, policies and procedures as applicable
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.