Pfizer Senior Scientist Computational Biology, Immune Oncology (IO) in San Diego, California
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Computational Biologist/Bioinformatics Scientist to develop and implement computational immune oncology (IO) methods supporting the discovery of novel immune oncology targets and biomarkers. The scientist will work closely with the immune oncology research team, developing methods for the analysis of immune phenotyping data from pre-clinical models and clinical samples. The scientist will develop and implement methods for integrating internal and public data sets from oncology and immunology research. The scientist will be responsible for analysis and integration of data from diverse platforms: RNAseq, FACS, single cell sequencing, T-cell receptor repertoire (TCR) profiling, CYTOF and other high throughput technologies. The computational scientist will work closely with biologists to design, analyze, and interpret genomics and high-throughput data experiments supporting the development of IO therapies. The scientist will be responsible for developing methods for identifying IO biomarkers from pre-clinical data and designing approaches to translate these biomarkers to clinical application.
• Work within an interdisciplinary team of molecular and computational biologists to integrate, interpret, and mine high-throughput immune phenotyping, genomics, and therapeutic response data from pre-clinical experiments and clinical samples for novel IO targets, combination opportunities, and biomarkers of response.
o Lead implementation and development of new methods and algorithms to analyze data from different platforms like RNAseq, FACS, Nanostring, TCR sequencing, CYTOF, and others.
o Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging computational immune oncology techniques.
o Develop tools for data sharing and visualization.
o Provide timely analysis and interpretation of experiments.
• Process, analyze, and interpret high dimensional data from immune phenotyping, microbiome, or other experiments.
o Use and develop automated methods and software to support large-scale bioinformatics analysis.
o Process NGS alignment, transcript quantitation, variant calling, other data types as required.
• Support pre-clinical and clinical bioinformatics needs.
o Characterization of pre-clinical PDX or mouse models.
o Download and analyze public datasets from data repositories or publications.
o Indications analysis of tumor types for alterations of interest.
• Present scientific and technical data to both internal and external colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
o Share and communicate all aspects of data analysis, tools, and methods developed.
o Enable adoption of new methods and tools.
o Contribute towards publication of scientific methods and findings.
• Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or related fields with 2+ years of post-doctoral experience or equivalent.
• Fluency in programming and scripting languages such as (R, Perl, Python, or Java)
• Experience processing and interpreting high-volume genomics data
• Experience in computational methods development for analysis of computational immune oncology data such as RNAseq de-convolution, TCR repertoire sequencing, neoantigen prediction, or FACS analysis.
• Experience in integrative omics analysis, next generation sequencing, data mining, pathway analysis, statistics is desirable.
• Experience in immune oncology or immunology research, including a working understanding of computational approaches to infer tumor heterogeneity and micro-environment from tumor genomics data is highly desirable.
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting single cell sequencing data is desirable.
• Strong scientific understanding of molecular biology, immunology, and genomics.
• Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
• Ability to present data to a multidisciplinary audience in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Excellent teamwork, time management, and organizational skills.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.