Pfizer Senior Scientist, LC in San Diego, California
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
A position is available for a highly motivated scientist in quantitative and qualitative protein mass spectrometry to join the Protein Technologies group in Biomedicine Design La Jolla. The primary role will be to provide expertise and laboratory support in the quantitative analysis of protein biomarkers and protein target biomeasures using mass spectrometry in support of pre-clinical and translational oncology projects. This includes the assessment of concentrations in blood and tissues, and engagement with the therapeutic as input to mechanistic models supporting target evaluation, clinical dose or efficacy projections. Other protein mass spectrometry efforts will focus on understanding the in vivo disposition of biotherapeutics and the impact on exposure and target engagement. The successful candidate will join a team with expertise in protein quantification using multiple platforms and is expected to build strong collaborative partnerships, both within and outside the group. This position requires strong bioanalytical expertise, solid background in protein biochemistry, proven expertise in immunoanalytical procedures and triple quadrupole as well as high resolution mass spectrometry.
• Responsible for the discovery, development, validation, and implementation of target, pharmacodynamic biomeasure/biomarker assays in support of pre-clinical and translational oncology projects using mass spectrometry.
• Participate and lead in technology development by exploring and implementing innovative workflows to expand the group's biomarker analytical capabilities.
• Collaborate closely with group colleagues who use other quantitative protein biomarker/biomeasure platforms such as ligand-binding assay in order to identify optimal workflows tailored for specific projects.
• Lead efforts in identifying and implementing innovative qualitative and quantitative protein mass spectrometry technologies within the scope of the team's evolving mission for understanding biotherapeutic in vivo disposition and the impact on exposure and target engagement.
• Mentor and cross-train staff in protein mass spectrometry workflows and be willing to be cross-trained in other protein bioanalytical methods to help achieve the goal of a platform agnostic bioanalytical group.
• Participate in all phases of laboratory operations including technology evaluations, development of sample preparation and separation methods, data analysis, interpretation, reporting and follow up discussions with project teams on utilizing the data in appropriate decision making.
• Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are carried out according to high scientific and ethical standards.
• Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and external/internal
presentations are expected.
• Qualified applicants hold a Ph.D. plus 1-3 years of post-doctoral experience required or related degree with equivalent years of experience, ideally mostly in industry.
• Expertise in development, characterization, and implementation of biomarker assays and other protein characterization methods based on quantitative and qualitative protein mass spectrometry for drug development.
• Experience and knowledge in operation of modern triple quadrupole and quadrupole/time-of-flight mass spectrometers and associated control and data analysis software systems.
• Knowledge and application of complex sample preparation methodologies as applied to protein mass spectrometry workflows including immuno-analytical techniques.
• A working knowledge of the basic principles of ligand-binding assays is desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As appropriate for lab based role.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Lab based position that requires performance of all typical laboratory related activities
• Based in La Jolla CA
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.