Pfizer Clinical Supply and Strategy Management West Coast Group Lead in San Francisco, California
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The West Coast Group Lead will directly manage Supply Chain Leads located on the west coast and may manage additional Supply Chain Leads within the CSSM organization. The West Coast Group Lead will indirectly manage all other Global Clinical Supply
(GCS) functional line colleagues located on the west coast; note, those functional line colleagues will be reporting directly into the GCS functional line management. The West Coast Group Lead will be expected to build GCS/Medicinal Sciences relationships with, a focus on West Coast based programs, all west coast based Pfizer and partners located in California (i.e. Rinat, Anacor, San Fran, LaJolla). An Oncology focus will be in place.
• West Coast Group has accountability for identifying all west coast based (San Fran, Rinat, Anacor, LaJolla) programs, project management their status, working across CSSM and SCLs, to be able to interface with PTx Pharm Sci, BTx Pharm Sci, Dev Ops, Clinical, and PGS for programs based out of the west coast Pfizer sites (Rinat, San Fran, Anacor, LaJolla)
• West Coast Group Lead will ensure connection between global lines leaders (e.g. CSO, CS3, CSSM) located in the US/EU/Asia and local GCS functions with respect to job training requirements; alignment and project collaboration.
• West Coast Group Lead is the GCS point of contact for all west coast colleagues
within Clinical, Dev/Clin.Ops, Study Teams, WRD and Bunisess Units located on the west coast. Accountable for issue escalation and resolution.
• West Coast Group Lead maintains key interfaces with other GCSeLT and the GCS-LT to ensure the appropriate support is deployed for west coast based programs to deliver the portfolio.
• West Coast Group Lead leads and manages a team of SCL colleagues ensuring day to day people management, development, hiring - conducting performance review (in partnership with function matrix managers) and ensuring interfaces with local HR.
• West Coast Group Lead provides site leadership for all GCS colleauges located at West Coast facilities; Partner with BRO, CSO, CS3 functional managers on talent management (recruitment, retention, etc) and on helping to build an engaged and high-performing GCS West Coast Team.
• Ensures OWN IT culture and inclusive environment is created in the West Coast locations for GCS
• West Coast Group Lead works with BRO, CSO, CS3 and CSSM to understand West Coast programs overall and status to understand portfolio complexity and risk for all protocols managed within the West Coast, reporting to GCS-LT the regional view and updates.
Training &; Education Preferred:
B.S. degree (or equivalent) is required, with 10+ years managing scientific or clinical projects in a relevant industry. Advanced training in supply chain management, scientific or clinical disciplines, business administration and/or people development are desirable.
Prior Experience Preferred:
• Work experience must include some of the following: drug development, clinical study design including telerandomization, scientific research, pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging/labeling, cGMP requirements, running project teams.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with Business Development/License Management Teams
• Demonstrated experience of managing and measuring work, developing direct reports, negotiation, conflict management, influencing, process improvement, project management.
• Demonstrated ability to manage change-agile teams resulting in flexible and adaptive abilities.
• Experience with sourcing, contract manufacturing/packaging, distribution, supplier management and supply chain management are highly desirable.
• Demonstrated skills with technical, planning, analytical and financial disciplines.
• Manages risk and uncertainty. Demonstrated good decision-making on sound mix of analysis and judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and processes.
• Achieves results through influence in a matrix organization.
• Strong relationship management, facilitation, persuasion and customer relation skills.
• Recognized as a role model for team leader and team member behaviors.
• Demonstrated ability to align personal objectives with the goals of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to align an organization and motivate staff to achieve challenging objectives through constructive behaviors.
• Demonstrated ability to align an organization and motivate staff to achieve challenging objectives by OWNing IT.
- Core Competencies
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Peer relationships
• Acts decisively
• Seizes accountability
• Cross cultural agility and resourcefulness
- Cultural Competencies (Leader Behaviors)
• Sustain Focus on Performance
• Create an Inclusive Environment
• Encourage Open Discussion and Debate
• Manage Change
• Develop People
• Align Across Pfizer
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: September 15, 2017
Eligible for Relocation Package: yes
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: yes
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.