Pfizer Senior Scientist, Cell & Gene Therapy Technical Development (Process) in San Francisco, California
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented, self-starter who demonstrates personal accountability for outcomes and thrives on increasing levels of responsibility, to join a new and dynamic team responsible for successful development and characterization of clinical-scale manufacturing processes for Chimeric Antigen Receptor T cell (CART) therapies. The successful candidate will contribute to the development, implementation and characterization of state-of-the-art processing technologies to deliver scalable and robust manufacturing processes, and support successful tech transfer for GMP manufacturing and release at a CMO. This position will also contribute to the development of novel technologies and approaches to meet future CART manufacturing needs and will work in close collaboration with key stakeholders including the CART Research and Bioprocess R&;D groups.
• Actively contribute to development, implementation, characterization and successful execution of robust, state-of-the-art CART manufacturing processes.
• Support clinical-scale non-GMP/ GMP IND-enabling manufacturing operations, including Tech Transfer to CMO and support of successful GMP manufacturing of clinical material.
• Contribute to relevant and impactful innovation programs to enhance CART manufacturing technologies/ capabilities and work-processes (such as alternate transfection/ cell engineering strategies, media development, disposable/ closed production systems and automation), aligned with emerging business drivers and Regulatory expectations.
• Contribute to Project Technical Teams and communicate and collaborate effectively to ensure effective interactions with all stakeholder groups.
• Demonstrate strong "personal leadership"/ accountability and technical and interpersonal skills, and apply scientific and technical experience to ensure safe, high-quality lab practices
• Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and Technical Reports and contribute to Regulatory Filings and responses to Regulatory questions as appropriate.
• Present data/ strategy to scientists (and management) in internal venues (technical meetings, Project Team meetings) as appropriate.
Education &; Experience:
PhD degree in Molecular Immunology / T cell Biology or Chemical Engineering degree with 2+ years of postgraduate experience in academic institution or biotech/ biopharma industry (preferably in the development and characterization of manufacturing processes for cell- or gene-based therapies).
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Culture and characterization of primary T cells, T cell molecular biology / engineering, direct experience in T cell activation/expansion/selection/phenotype profiling, viral transduction and mRMA electroporation of T cells are highly desirable.
• Process development for GMP manufacturing of cell- or gene-therapies based on single-use bioprocessing technologies such as WAVE bioreactor, continuous centrifugation and CliniMACS cell separation.
• Molecular virology/ engineering and / or production and purification of recombinant viruses such as lentiviral vector and AVV production based on transient transfection (CaPO4, PEI or electroporation).
• Familiarity with cGMPs and relevant Regulatory Guidance documents a plus
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.