Pfizer Process Scientist/Engineer I in Andover, Massachusetts
The engineer/ scientist in manufacturing operations is responsible for execution of the manufacturing process in a multi-product cGMP facility capable of manufacturing commercial, clinical and development drug substance. Additional roles include using operational and technical knowledge to lead troubleshooting activities, lead tech transfer and start-up activities, provide investigations support, analyze process data, and identify and implement process improvements.
• Execution of relevant process activities including protein purification or cell culture operations (depending on the background of the candidate), solution formulation, and equipment preparation (set-up, CIP, SIP) by following established SOP's.
• Setup and evaluation of unit operations (daily and long-term)
• Process executions and changeover.
• Troubleshooting of process disturbances, identifying resolution and implementing corrective and preventive measures, as require
• Real time assessment of process performance.
• Individual will be required to perform process monitoring and data analysis, and data preparation for presentation in several forums including project team meetings. The successful candidate will ensure timely investigations of unexpected data and trends with the guidance of a people leader and/or group leader. Individual will assist in providing project updates through project meetings and seminars.
• Serve as the operations point of contact for technology transfer and start-up of products by reviewing process parameter tables, site assessments, review and approve plant documentation, change controls, process overview presentations, sampling plans, and other tech transfer deliverables
• Individual will provide subject matter expertise in supporting process and product related investigations, execute CAPAs and provide input to process and equipment change controls to ensure robust and capable solution.
• Individual will help to ensure the equipment and facilities are maintained in a GMP compliant state at all times.
• The individual will be assuming lead role in coordinating activities in absence of people leader and will be a primary skill trainer for the shift. Responsible for collaborating with other departments to communicate and coordinate activities.
• Individual will assist in inventorying, tracking, maintenance scheduling, and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment.
• Individual will be responsible for modifying and/or creating job related documentation
• Individual will be responsible for evaluation and implementation of new technology for process execution or analysis.
• Individual will be expected to drive continuous improvement and innovation initiatives.
• Individuals are responsible to ensure a safe work environment.
• Individuals will be required to develop multi-tasking skills.
- A minimum of a BS in Engineering, BS in Life Sciences with 2+ years. Experience in a biopharmaceutical environment is preferred.
Daily routine may require moving heavy equipment, standing for long periods of time, and/or walking throughout the suite including up and down stairs.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This is a 12 hour rotating manufacturing shift (6 AM - 6 PM)
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: September 28, 2018 Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus - Yes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.