Pfizer Sr. Principal Scientist, Computational Biology in Cambridge, Massachusetts
As part of the Computational Sciences apply and develop advanced analysis and mining approaches of large-scale 'omics and genetics data. In addition to performing computational analyses of complex multidimensional datasets, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing pre-clinical experiments, working with counterparts in the Medicinal Sciences, with the shared goal of advancing small molecule and biologic therapeutics towards the clinic.
• Deliver computational analyses of high-dimensional datasets from model systems, molecular profiling data through the translation of bioinformatics data.
• Design preclinical laboratory experiments to test hypotheses/insights from complex multidimensional data analyses to inform target selection
• Partner with senior Medicinal Sciences leadership to devise strategies for impactful computational efforts, consistent with the Med Sci priorities and needs.
• Manage computational project teams to deliver agreed-upon analyses and experimental designs in a timely fashion
• Propose and lead external collaborations that secure access to innovative computational methodologies and/or relevant datasets to advance our ability to understand disease pathophysiology from large-scale molecular and phenotypic data
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Biological Sciences, relevant natural sciences required, 4-7 years relevant experience applying quantitative approaches to solving biological problems, ideally in a pharmaceutical, biotech or comparable context.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong background in human biology/medicine
• Demonstrated experience in design, execution and interpretation of in vivo and/or in vitro biological experiments.
• Demonstrated expertise in delivering insights/hypotheses from complex multi-dimensional biological data in a biomedical context.
• Demonstrated experience applying computational approaches to deliver insights/hypotheses, e.g. multivariate, Bayesian and machine learning approaches.
• Pharmaceutically relevant experience or formal training in computational chemistry/biology, computer science or medicine
• Demonstrated ability for sound experimental design for in-silico experimentation/workflows required, in addition to ability to effectively interface with Research Unit biologist to communicate/discuss results, ideas, and follow-up experiments.
• In depth knowledge of relevant public and proprietary databases, methods and tools.
• Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) as demonstrated by publications & presentations.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: June 15, 2018
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: yes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.