Pfizer Director, Access Integration Lead in Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Director, Access Integration will have a cross functional leadership role that will ensure the integration and implementation of an optimal market access strategy supporting all aspects of the commercial plan and maximize the performance of the Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis indications. The incumbent will also ensure integration and execution of the Market Access pre- and post-launch plans for a new indication. In addition, the incumbent will serve as the RC Captain for the Access Review Committee and manage the relationship with a contracted national team of patient access specialists that educate HCP offices on Xeljanz payer access.
Manage and coordinate the development of both the short-term and long-term Market Access strategy for the franchise that aligns across all key stakeholders.
Manage and oversee Market Access plans and relevant brand business issues requiring coordination across the functions of Payer Marketing, Global Health and Value, Field Sales, Account Management, SAS, Medical Outcomes Specialists, Inflammation Field Medical Directors, Patient Access Specialists, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, and other departments and external partners.
Ensure the right level of resourcing to support the Market Access plans for all indications.
Ensure appropriate communication, integration and collaboration across Payer, Consumer and HCP strategy and tactical plans.
Lead the development of the Market Access business analytics and insights plan.
Align stakeholders on key Market Access and performance metrics.
Lead the development of the pre and post launch Market Access plans across all indications.
Develop and lead the pull through plan including developing and monitoring performance goals associated with contracting decisions.
Lead the Xeljanz Access Review Committee (RC) as the RC Captain.
Manage the relationship with a contracted national team of patient access specialists. This requires the daily operations of running a customer facing contract team as well as developing and executing quarterly business reviews to monitor performance against the contract.
• Building and monitoring brand budgets and forecasts
• Preparing investor relations communications
• Understand the business processes, terminology, and integration with marketing of finance, manufacturing, sales, insights, global, business development, new products, and/or other relevant disciplines.
• Experience in leading and managing multi-facet businesses and teams
• Prior ownership of the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics for various audiences (healthcare provider, payor, consumer, etc.) is preferred
• Leading and managing activities in various stages of brand lifecycle, including launch phase, early growth, mature in-line, and late-stage is preferred.
• Leading and managing marketing initiatives for brands in multiple therapeutic areas is preferred.
• 15+ years of professional experience preferred
• 8 - 10 years of broad pharmaceutical experience preferred
• Sales and/or sales management experience preferred
• People management experience preferred
• Access and reimbursement experience preferred
• Extensive cross-functional leadership experience required
• BA required, MBA preferred
Understands and utilizes economic, financial, and market data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
• Analyzes - Accurately performs substantial quantitative financial calculations and/or understands the implications of financial graphs, charts, tables, etc.
• Integrates - Integrates financial data effectively, allowing for the identification of key issues and decision-making criteria and the determination of strategies and plans.
• Understands the application of financial strategies and systems - Uses appropriate financial strategies and systems to maximize cash flow and limit risk to the organization.
Broad Business Perspective
Understands the business models and processes of all major functions of the Pharmaceutical / Biotech business (R&D, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Finance, etc) and how these functions interact with each other.
• Knows synergies - understands how major functions can and should work together effectively.
• Knows potential conflicts - understands how the cultures, and political and financial perspectives of major functions differ and how the functions can work at cross-purposes.
• Uses knowledge to inform business decisions - uses this broad business perspective to inform planning and decision-making
Driving for Results
Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals.
• Targets Opportunities - Systematically evaluates business opportunities and targets those opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
• Establishes Stretch Goals - Establishes stretch goals for self and others that are designed to achieve positive business results.
• Achieves Goals - Tenaciously works to achieve stretch goals related to positive business results.
• Takes calculated risks - Takes and encourages others to take calculated risks associated with achieving stretch goals or overcoming barriers to goal achievement.
• Stays focused - Remains self-disciplined; measures progress and evaluates results; reprioritizes as appropriate; prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with timely completion of important tasks.
Developing Strategic Relationships
Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective strategic relationships with business partners, teams, departments, units or outside organizations (external vendors, alliance partners, etc) to help achieve business goals.
Planning and Organizing
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Prioritizes-Identifies more critical and less critical activities and assignments; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
Determines tasks and resources-Determines project/assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks; identifying equipment, materials, and people needed; and coordinating with internal and external partners.
Schedules-Allocates appropriate amounts of time for completing own and others' work; avoids scheduling conflicts; develops timelines and milestones.
Leverages resources-Takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently.
Stays focused-Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
Interacts with others in a way that gains commitment to action, ensures clarity, and creates common goals.
• States an action-oriented purpose - Clarifies the purpose and importance of the message and the actions required or requested.
• Organizes the communication - follows a logical sequence, stresses major points and recaps information as necessary.
• Presents a fact-based case - employs meaningful data and concrete examples; provides clear explanation of relevant facts and presents a well-prepared and logical case;
• Adjusts to the audience - Frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, that are meaningful to the listener.
• Engages the audience - Keeps the audience engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, humor, illustrations, proper grammar, body language, and voice inflection.
• Ensures clarity - Seeks input from listener(s) to ensure understanding; presents message in different ways as needed to enhance understanding.
• Seeks commitment to action - summarizes and asks for commitment to action
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: March 27, 2018
Eligible for Relocation Package: Yes
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.