Pfizer Senior Scientist, Applied Synthesis and Technology in Groton, Connecticut
As a Senior Scientist within the Applied Synthesis Technologies Group the candidate will develop and execute high-throughput experimentation (HTE) and reaction optimization strategies in support of medicinal chemistry programs. The candidate will identify opportunities for the application of synthetic optimization technologies within Pfizer's early stage pharmaceutical development programs, conduct screening and optimization of chemical processes and employ these to advance the small molecule API portfolio, with an emphasis on transitioning chemistry from early stage drug discovery to process chemistry efforts.
• Design, development and execution of high-throughput experimentation processes to support early stage pharmaceutical development.
• Independent employment of a comprehensive understanding of established and modern synthetic methodologies to drive projects.
• The chemical synthesis of pharmaceutical intermediates in support of reaction optimization and route development
• Working with internal partners to effectively identify and prioritize projects from across the Pfizer small molecule portfolio.
• The development and application of new reaction optimization and HTE technologies.
• PhD in a chemistry related discipline with a focus on chemical synthesis. 0 to 3 years of experience; Post-doctoral experience is desirable.
• Excellent track record of developing and executing synthetic chemistry processes is essential.
• Expert understanding of and strong contributions to the synthetic chemistry literature.
• Comprehensive knowledge of established and modern chemical synthesis methodologies is required.
• Strong analytical and chemical problem solving skills are required.
• Experience in technology development or high-throughput experimentation is desirable
Please submit your CV and a research summary with your application. A research summary is required to be considered for this position.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: May 15, 2018
Eligible for Relocation Package: yes
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: yes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.